Festa Brew Kit Question, Fermentation in Process

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishrising

Reaction score
Hi All,

Below are some pics of my fermenting Festa Pale Ale. Do they look right? These were taken 96 hours after being placed in the basement. I had bubbles up to the plastic wrap, but they have since gone down. The ugly mess you see in the middle is where my two pieces of plastic wrap overlap each other.

beer001.JPG

beer002.JPG

beer003.JPG

beer004.JPG

I made the Pale Ale Festa brew a few months ago.. Looked the same as yours.. I never used plastic wrap though.. I used a lid that sat on it loosely.... btw... this beer kit was fantastic.. I only have one bottle left :( .... It was good after it was in the bottle for 3 weeks but 2 months it was amazing..

So, Festa says to let it ferment 3-5 days, my LHBS says 2-3 weeks because he thinks Festa just wants you to hurry up and buy another one, and it gets better with age. What do you think for fermentation time?

So, Festa says to let it ferment 3-5 days, my LHBS says 2-3 weeks because he thinks Festa just wants you to hurry up and buy another one, and it gets better with age. What do you think for fermentation time?

Anyone have experience with Festa, if I should let it ride, or start bottling? It's been fermenting for about 8 days now.

I don't have any experience with Festa, but just about any beer you brew is going to be better if you let it sit for 2 to 3 weeks before bottling.

+1 to getting a lid.

If you have a secondary to put it in I'd do it (use a lid and air lock) if not I'd be tempted to bottle it provided that your fermentation is complete. i would stress out too much having to it covered with plastic wrap.

I just moved my festa red to my secondary today. it was in the primary for 8 days. I plan on keeping it in the secondary for 2 weeks. I find that the festa brews ferment like crazy and have had to use a blow off both times.

I'm looking forward to trying the festa blonde next week.

Back