My Newest Brew Assistant (Rated – G)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So the oldest daughter lives back home after graduating college and as part of her new “independence”, she decides to take on the responsibilities of a new puppy.

Which of course means I take on the responsibilities of a new puppy.

But she is cute and loves to shuffle around the brewshop when I’m down there:

Addie_1.jpg

Can’t quite figure out that bubbling noise coming from the shelf over there:

Addie_2.jpg

Every drop of spilled wort gets licked up pretty quick:

Addie_3.jpg

Hoping I drop my Triscuit:

Addie_4.jpg

Had enough. Time for a dog nap…sounds like a good idea:

Addie_5.jpg

She's definitely a cutie. Is she a mutt?

I usually let my dogs hang out with me in the backyard while I brew. They too are fans of wort and spent grains. Unfortunately, Sadie gets a little too focused on finding the sugar and doesn't pay much mind to the HUGE FLAME under the pot...so I usually have to yell at her to back up.

Cute pup. Wait till it figures out how to jump on your kegerator and push a tap handle forward. :)

EdWort said:
Cute pup. Wait till it figures out how to jump on your kegerator and push a tap handle forward. :)

As long as she can draw me a pint at the same time….no problem. :D

Evan! said:
She's definitely a cutie. Is she a mutt?

I usually let my dogs hang out with me in the backyard while I brew. They too are fans of wort and spent grains. Unfortunately, Sadie gets a little too focused on finding the sugar and doesn't pay much mind to the HUGE FLAME under the pot...so I usually have to yell at her to back up.

She’s a Corgi (sp). Trust me, she came charging into the brew shop full tilt the other day whilst the keggle was going and bout slid right into the banjo. Shoulda seen the look on her face. She barked a puppy bark once, did the ole back step and puppy growl and took a detour.

Man, thats a cute dog. Our dogs love some spent grain too, they haven't had any wort yet though.

Our dog Chloe used to stand next to the closet door where I had my fermenters and just bark non stop, she couldn't figure out what the noise was.

Me and SWMBO wouldn't mind getting a Corgi. They're awesome dogs, very loyal and good with kids.

side note:

DAMN! I didn't even realize how many posts I had. I wanted to post something purely diabolical for my 666th post. I missed It!!!:mad:

olllllo said:
So. You have a canary for your coal mine.

;)
:D

:mug:

Yeah, in that last pic, she was "sleeping". BM conveniently left out the part where he had take her to emergency care for CO poisoning...;)

If you put that little sweetheart anywhere near Jaws - The Keggle of Death and I'll drive down there and beat your ass.

talleymonster said:
side note:

DAMN! I didn't even realize how many posts I had. I wanted to post something purely diabolical for my 666th post. I missed It!!!:mad:

WTF could possibly be more diabolical than your damn avatar? :confused:

My wife is dying for a corgi and so I can never show her these pictures (but will anyway because she will love them) because then I will also be the proud owner of a corgi pup.

Adorable dog Muncher.

TheJadedDog said:
My wife is dying for a corgi and so I can never show her these pictures (but will anyway because she will love them) because then I will also be the proud owner of a corgi pup.

Adorable dog Muncher.
I'll admit, that Corgi has a great personality.

Fun loving.

Eternally happy.

Submissive to other dogs.

Thinks she's a great dane when she's paying tug-o-war.

And when it's kennel time, she plops right down and falls straight to sleep. Never hear a peep out of her while she's in her kennel.

Oh crap, you mean my kids are going to come back after I finish paying for their college?! :drunk:

Corgis are great dogs! SWMBO got me one for Christmas last year. We live in a small(ish) townhouse and he is the perfect size.

Around 4 months old.
100_2260-2.JPG

Took forever for his left ear to stick up, kind of hoped it wouldn't. He is all grown up now.
100_2498-2.jpg

That's a Welsh Corgi. I seriously thought about getting one of those when I got my Basset Hound. Looks like a great dog.

the_bird said:
WTF could possibly be more diabolical than your damn avatar? :confused:

WORD. First you were sticking your fingers through holes in your ears, and now we have to look at your scantily-clad body. What's next, your junk? :p

BierMuncher said:
Hah....

My pup...er...I mean my daughters' pup...lays around like that all the time.

With her legs out behind? I have done some reading online and apparently that is a very common Corgi trait, I guess it is most comfortable with the short legs. Routinely licking the front feet and taking food to a soft surface to eat also seem to be common 'features' of this breed.

Beerrific said:
With her legs out behind? I have done some reading online and apparently that is a very common Corgi trait, I guess it is most comfortable with the short legs. Routinely licking the front feet and taking food to a soft surface to eat also seem to be common 'features' of this breed.

Our Shih Tzu does the same thing (eating on soft surface). She'll take a mouthfull of dry food, walk into the living room, and eat it on the carpet. We thought it was because she was following our bad habit of eating in the living room.

So she's grown up a bit and when my other daughter brings home her 1 year old hound...things liven up a bit...

Oh...and she likes my Anchor Steam clone. :D

[YOUTUBE]dV3LF2Y1Tro[/YOUTUBE]

I have two boxers, who have this amazing talent of lying next to people’s beer when we are all outside and knocking them over very quietly and lapping up the foam. They both do it. I think Bosco our older dog taught Indiana out younger pup how to do it. It is funny to because no one has ever just given them beer, they discovered it on there own.

They are pretty funny together. My mom has this tiny little lap dog (my cat is bigger - no joke) and my step-Dad has a dog the size of a Border Collie and when those 2 get into it, hilarity ensues.

I don't want my son to see this. He wanted a Corgi bad and wound up with a mut from the local shelter that SWMBO picked up. The dog is a good one but it's only resemblance to a Corgi is it's low to the ground. I like whippets myself. Very clean dogs.

Callie3.jpg

This is my pup. She is actually over a year now, but didnt get much bigger. She only weighs about 25 lbs. She is part Corgi, we think the other part is Pug. She likes brewday as well. I usually lay some big towels out on the floor and she takes one of them for a nap.

Back