1st post, 1st 5 gallon batch in the fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollBeerTide

Reaction score
Hi all- I'm brand new to the forum. Last week I purchased a Brewer's Best Deluxe Equipment Kit and their Imperial IPA kit from my LHBS. The airlock is bubbling away and I'm beyond pumped. After 3 Mr. Beer batches, it was time to upgrade.

Cheers!

I'm thinking the next batch needs to be a darker beer- maybe an imperial Russian stout, porter or Rochefort clone- something ready for the late fall. After cruising the forum quite a bit, I'm leaning toward trying one of the clone kits from AHS. There's also a part of me that wants to do a lighter summery beer that would be ready quickly. Suggestions are welcome!

I am also new to the forum. I brewed my first batch with a friend (Groosbrews) back in February. My job has kept me busy, but now that the first batch (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale) is almost depleted, it is time to get a second batch going.
I found a simple looking extract recipe posted by oberon567 (wild dog days of summer ale). It sounds like a lighter summery beer. I bought the ingredients yesterday and hope to get it in the fermenter tomorrow or thursday and ready for Independence day. Goodluck/Cheers.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, folks. I bottled the imperial IPA 2 days ago- I was pretty pleased with how it tasted flat (okay- I'm freakin fired up). It's definitely a hop explosion, which is precisely what I want. Waiting for it to carbonate is going to prove difficult. The next brew, however, is already in primary - it's an oatmeal stout from Austin Homebrew Supply. On deck is their Arrogant Bastard clone. And Spicemon1972, you're totally right about the obsession. I can't read enough or talk enough about it. My wife is in for a LONG summer.

Cheers!

Back