What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tough time of year to diet - leave it for after the holidays! :mug:

Yeah, that's pretty much what we decided. It was foolish to even attempt a diet at this time of year. Which is why I've moved on to drinking my Kiwi Red Ale. Going to hit a few of these and then watch kick off tonight with my good friend The Czar.

20121210_185000.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty much what we decided. It was foolish to even attempt a diet at this time of year. Which is why I've moved on to drinking my Kiwi Red Ale. Going to hit a few of these and then watch kick off tonight with my good friend The Czar.

My wife and I picked up one of those ridiculous Beach Body workout programs (they do P90X among others). We're starting Turbofire (kickboxing one) after Xmas.

In the mean time, drinking a partially carbed APA. Went Galena/Nugget instead of C hops. I'm digging it.

Qhrumphf said:
My wife and I picked up one of those ridiculous Beach Body workout programs (they do P90X among others). We're starting Turbofire (kickboxing one) after Xmas.

In the mean time, drinking a partially carbed APA. Went Galena/Nugget instead of C hops. I'm digging it.

My wife is really into those programs. She completed Chalene Xtreme and has been doing Turbofire for a couple of weeks now. I should probably do that workout thing sometime soon. I'm currently enjoying a Schlafly Pumpkin. I think Schlafly's TIPA is next.

I've done Insanity before. Not all the way through, but I felt accomplished just making it as far as I did. I've got until January 2 to decide how to proceed, but until then I am going to enjoy the **** out some beer.

Moylans Tipperary Pale Ale. Ehh, hoppy but kind of bland,Hoppy nose,hoppy flavor,long but not too bitter, falls pretty flat in the middle though. Pretty light bodied I guess but seems undercarbed or something making it watery/flat and bland tasteing.Ive been having more low abv beers lately too, so it not like Im comparing it to a constant imperial beer palate. Maybe its the Spicey Chicken Chili's fault I had earlier.

Next up is a SS Winter Ale. Its been about a year. I got most of the regulars(cheaper in a mixed sixer) and Im likeing them more than I use to.

Finishing off my sixer of KRA. Probably finishing the night with the stout I have in the fridge. I forget what it's called, Lump of Coal, maybe?

I almost finished my night with a stout too, have a Bourbon County in the fridge. But I figured this 11%er would allow me one more brew, the 15% BC would truly end my night too.

HPIM1564.jpg

Really delicious BDSA, probably the best I've had (albeit limited) but I'm gonna need one hell of a bitter hop bomb to wash this down with. :mug:

I almost finished my night with a stout too, have a Bourbon County in the fridge. But I figured this 11%er would allow me one more brew, the 15% BC would truly end my night too.

View attachment 87978

Really delicious BDSA, probably the best I've had (albeit limited) but I'm gonna need one hell of a bitter hop bomb to wash this down with. :mug:

I've been wanting to try the Bourbon County. I had no idea it was 15%. I bought a 4 pack of Samichlaus today and that's 14%. Looking to get into that tomorrow night.

I didn't either, I looked at the label before grabbing it and figured that'd be better for the weekend.... then I went for the 10.5% GD, go figure. :D

After about 10% it doesn't really matter, or so I've found. >10% = tipsy if you drink one, drunk if you drink two and schwasted if you drink 3 or more.

I'm really hoping this Samichlaus is good. I haven't heard anything non-biased about, but the label makes it sounds super awesome. We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

I'm gonna finish watching this travesty of a game with this 8% bad boy. Never had it, never even heard of it before I bought it, but here's to hoping it's good. :mug:

20121210_232900.jpg

After about 10% it doesn't really matter, or so I've found. >10% = tipsy if you drink one, drunk if you drink two and schwasted if you drink 3 or more.

I'm really hoping this Samichlaus is good. I haven't heard anything non-biased about, but the label makes it sounds super awesome. We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Pretty much sums it up. I can do one high grav. a night and be good, two is a sure buzz, three and I wake up in my recliner at 3 am wondering why all the lights are still on. It's funny, beer under 7% I can drink all night with only a buzz to show for it, too far over that and I have to start counting.

Nursing a bomber of my 12%ish (11.5-12.2 depending on which formula you use) Imperial Red. A month and a half in bottles and undercarbonated (either it's taking it's time or I exceeded the yeast's alcohol tolerance, I could see either being possible), and I can already tell 22 oz of this thing is a bad plan. :drunk:

Back