Beerswap: Brewpastor's brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I received a nice sampler pack. :rockin:

Preaching in Hell IIPA
Preaching in Purgatory Porter
46 Wasted Years Old Ale

I'll get to some of them tonight. I'm expecting BIG things.

:off: Ok, I know both you guys keg. Do you use them there Blichmann Beerguns? My B-day is coming up and I think I need one of these buggers. Especially for when I lose the fantasy football league. :(

(I hate bottling!)

Preaching in Hell IIPA: WHOA. This is amazing stuff. Aroma is great. Did you dry hop this? I'm not familiar with Columbus all that much, but the aroma is a nice, fresh citrus, with a hint of pineapple as well. Crystal clear. Light copper.
It tastes amazing. If I didn't know better, I'd definitely say it was a very nice example of a commercial IPA. You can really see how your experience and knowledge come through. I don't want to sound like I'm a butt-kisser, but HOLY FRIGHT this is a great beer.

I found only one fault--and minor. A tad low on carbonation. But you warned me about that.

Curious why you wrote on the note "not as I hoped". What were you going for? :)

After tasting this beer, I realize how far I have to go to be able to brew like this. Wow.

Very nice job.

You are too kind, but thanks. I didn't dry hop that portion, but I do have a carboy sitting with 2 ozs of East Kent Goldings right now. I think the hops character is the result of using over 200 IBUs. I want to knock the sweetness down a few notches so the bitterness has a little more bite. That means I will probably drop the gravity a bit and/or the mash temp. But there is so much alcohol that it is going to be hard to knock out the sweetness. Better carbonation, with its CO2 burn will also help balance it out.

I am glad you enjoyed it. Hope the rest are to your taste as well. :mug:

Back