So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Five days ago I brewed an extract nut brown ale with 30% brown rice syrup.
Today I'm brewing an all-grain saison with 20% rice malt.

My brother and I will brew on the holiday. He is doing an ESB and I will most likely do an English brown ale.

Octoberfest this weekend, just kegged an Idaho 7 pale ale yesterday and something dark in another 2 weeks. Getting the kegs nice and ready for football season.

I've got the bill ready for a six gallon bitter that was originally planned as a 3.4 gallon SMaSH Maris Otter and El Dorado until I was informed by a couple of people that El Dorado leans heavily toward watermelon candy, which killed any urge I have to even open the bag. So I'm throwing in a bit of crystal and hopping with Williamette and Nugget instead.

I'm also making 5.5 gallons of a Golden Promise/Azacca pale, just because I've wanted to try both the malt and the hop and got some Azacca in a hop shipment recently. Otherwise, bittering with Warrior and supplementing the malt with a bit of Crystal LV ~20 for color.

I have an Oktoberfest planned for Sunday. It will be my first lager and i am going yo try out the quick lager method. I am excited to see how it turn out but not so much for the 6 week turn around. Maybe santa will bring me kegging stuff for Christmas.

This Sunday my neighbor and I are going to brew 20 gallons. 10 of Caribou Slobber and 10 of Oatmeal Stout.

Changed my mind and will do 5 gallons of Raspberry porter and 5 gallons of Blueberry blonde over Sunday & Monday. Tomorrow is shopping and cleaning the brewery day.

Planned to brew tomorrow morning while watching college game day, but things came up so I'm brewing tonight!! Late night brewing is quite peaceful!

Brewing my Broken Zipper ESB. As we speak. Hopefully I will get a glass of it this go around. My son drank the whole keg last time I brewed it while I was on vacation.

I brewed a Maris Otter Amarillo smash yesterday while I was working from home. It's happily bubbling away in the fermentor now.

I might make this my working from home rititual on fridays.

Cream Ale yesterday. Need to check supplies before deciding on a recipe for tomorrow. Whatever it is will need to use S-04, 'cause that's what I have on hand.

Getting ready to brew up a Pilsner with a little twist. Adding some CaraHell to the Grist and some cascade to the finishing hops. Hopefully it still has that Pilsner crispness to it but with a little something extra in the flavor department

Getting ready to brew up a Pilsner with a little twist. Adding some CaraHell to the Grist and some cascade to the finishing hops. Hopefully it still has that Pilsner crispness to it but with a little something extra in the flavor department

I've used Carahell in a couple of DIPA's and loved the flavor it produced, more malty sweetness than you get with the standard Caramel malts. About 8% of the grain bill, if I remember correctly. Hope this turns out well for you.

I've used Carahell in a couple of DIPA's and loved the flavor it produced, more malty sweetness than you get with the standard Caramel malts. About 8% of the grain bill, if I remember correctly. Hope this turns out well for you.

Thanks for the input! I only used 4.5% of the total bill so it should be very little added flavor but hopefully it's noticeable

I was going to brew today... woke up with a sinus headache from hades. My area has been in and out of air quality warnings due to the Canadian fires and it is doing a number on my head. Can smell constant wood smoke smell in the background. So push it off to Tuesday because I have to smoke a turkey tomorrow.

Yesterday my brother and I brewed A saison, Pale Ale and an Oktoberfest ale. Took way to long on one burner (didn't have our second one with us).

Yesterday my brother and I brewed A saison, Pale Ale and an Oktoberfest ale. Took way to long on one burner (didn't have our second one with us).

My brother and I are doing an ESB and an APA. Also using one burner but we do have a 15 gal pot to heat strike and sparge water for both mashtun. That speeds it up a bit.

My brother and I are doing an ESB and an APA. Also using one burner but we do have a 15 gal pot to heat strike and sparge water for both mashtun. That speeds it up a bit.

Yeah we usually have 2 but my brothers broke. Time for me to just make my sculpture. $$$$$

5 gallon blonde just turned into my first partigyle batch. Session will be an IPA bittered with Columbus and flavor/aroma with Mosaic, if it gets that far. Still in the mash tun right now, will see how it goes.

I'm brewing a bitter this Sunday. Would actually prefer to brew the oatmeal stout I have planned, but I need the cake for a barley wine before the good weather's over!

Brewed 10 gallons of IPA this past rainy Sunday. First time brewing with flaked oats. Was worried about a stuck sparge. Pleasantly surprised bent went off without a hitch. First time for doing 2 hop stands. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Might be a "hurricane" brown ale this weekend. That is if we have power, cause that beyotch Irma might ruin the weekend.

Doing Krausenous Funk - 9.0% DIPA.

Apollo, Amarillo, Nelson, Citra, Galaxy

jelly.PNG

Latest posts

Back