Blueberry American Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upperNY01brewer

Reaction score
Well couldnt wait had to pop the top of my latest brew and have to say was very pleasantly surprised that it came out as excellent as it did. I posted a few weeks back that I was worried about my blowout and the chances that I was going to have problems. Theres a local micro brewery here in Rochester NY named Rorhbachs that has a excellent Blueberry Wheat, and a friend of mine wanted me to brew up something that was going to taste like theirs. I did a blind taste test with him and he couldnt tell the difference. Have to say though this was purely by chance, a regular stroke of luck for me. I was going to wait till Memorial Day weekend to open the first one but couldnt wait, so Im now just hoping it last to the weekend so others can enjoy.

glad your brew turned out good. I have had the Blueberry Wheat from Rohrbachs. I am not a fan of most fruited brews, but I do like this one. I hope it can last till the weekend. I know the urgency to drink a good homebrew.

I brewed with a the American Wheat extract kit from True Brew. I used 3 1/2 oz. of extract that I put in my secondary and left it there for 10 days then bottled. Drank the first one 8 days later. Im being bias I guess but it is the 2nd best batch Ive done yet, and I say second because my Imperial IPA prior to this one has been my favorite yet.

Hey there.....I would like to try this myself....I am wondering if it has a strong blueberry taste or just a hint.....I am looking for just a hint of blueberry flavor....and wondering how strong a flavor the 3.5 oz of extract gave the beer.

Thanks!

3.5 oz gave it a hint of blueberry. Directions only called for 2 oz per 5 gal. but it came out exactly how I wanted it.

Back