Austing Homebrew Supply Sucks [er..Problem solved]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard a few unhappy people now with there service. I buy from Northern brewer or my LHBS and have never had an issue

Nice post Mr. Moose. Care to elaborate on your issues or is that the problem...your issues?

If you have an issue to resolve with some one, why wouldn't you talk to them? Forrest from AHS is on HBT often and solves customer problems and answers questions. He also offers sales exclusively to HBT members.

Enough said.

There have been many threads about this subject.

Austin Homebrew has been having staffing issues for quite a while. They literally have more Internet business than they can handle. So, things sometimes get messed up. However they always make it right, but you need to take it up with them. Rants are unproductive.

I have had many experiences with consumer products various people rant about being *&@%, going on and on about how they will never buy brand X again because the widget died after six months. Instead of ranting I contact the manufacturer. In most cases, the products were replaced, at no cost to me, and in many cases even outside of warranty! One time, my cat chewed through my latop AC adapter. I contacted the manufacturer to inquire about buying a new cord, and they sent me a whole new unit at no cost to me!

Many companies have great customer service, but you do have to ASK them to fix things when they go wrong, not just rant!

There have been many threads about this subject.

Austin Homebrew has been having staffing issues for quite a while. They literally have more Internet business than they can handle. So, things sometimes get messed up. However they always make it right, but you need to take it up with them. Rants are unproductive.

I have had many experiences with consumer products various people rant about being *&@%, going on and on about how they will never buy brand X again because the widget died after six months. Instead of ranting I contact the manufacturer. In most cases, the products were replaced, at no cost to me, and in many cases even outside of warranty! One time, my cat chewed through my latop AC adapter. I contacted the manufacturer to inquire about buying a new cord, and they sent me a whole new unit at no cost to me!

Many companies have great customer service, but you do have to ASK them to fix things when they go wrong, not just rant!

In this instance, from what I can remember of the OP, it was not an issue of bad service, as such. The ingredients he received were not what he was led to believe by the website. He was expecting 6 pounds of LME, but got 5 LME and 1 of corn something. It sounded like it was right for the recipe, but not quite as described on the site. No big deal really. Just a little honest confusion, and I'm guessing the website could have probably been more clear on the details of a perfectly normal recipe.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. :)

Instead of ranting I contact the manufacturer. In most cases, the products were replaced, at no cost to me, and in many cases even outside of warranty!

I have had the same experience many times. It is always amazing to me what most manufacturers or retailers will go though to keep a customer happy. I have gotten quite a number of freebies when I did not really have cause to not pay.

In some cases it is just more expedient for them to ship a small item out than to hassle with the payment process but most of the time it is just good customer service.

In the case of Austin Homebrew and Forrest it is just good customer service.

The problem in question was a typographical error. Now that I know about it it is being fixed.
I am sorry that the website was incorrect for the recipe you ordered. The recipe was correct.

Forrest

Back