What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1g sweet mead( hopefully 17%)
1g cider with Nelson sauvin
2.5 g mango pineapple wine
5g barleywine
5g German pilsner.

Got a Porter aged on Cocoa Nibs and orange peels in bottles waiting on carbonation. Got another week. Looking at doing a pale ale or something for my next brew.

An English IPA which will be dry hopped today and kegged in 4 days. Doing a step-starter now for a Pilsner later this week, then either a Fresh Squeezed clone or Vienna (decisions, decisions...).

Two iterations of my House IPA brewed on consecutive weekends. One is dry hopping with some Mosaic and was supposed to be kegged tonight, but have to work tonight...and bowl tomorrow night...so Wednesday. Gonna be a hop bomb.

Nothing! All of my fermenters are empty after bottling 3 batches in 7 days.

Hmmmm... This will not do!

Pumpkin ale in 1 and an oatmeal raisin cookie stout in the other. next 2 up are a Belgian double and an orange porter.

I have a stone pale ale clone in the fermenter. It's likely going to be monstrously strong though. I'm not going to be a able to brew for a while, so I wanted what I did make to last. I bumped the gravity up a good bit in beersmith and additionally performed an overnight mash. I woke up at 5 am yesterday to perform the boil and get it in the fermenter. I was tired and I had a lot to do that day so I never bothered to take a gravity measurement, but I wouldn't be surprised if this one comes in at 10%+ abv.

So currently I have 2.5 batches in bottles and 1 in the fermenter, all over 7% alcohol. I should be good for a while.

I've got a comet IPA (5.5% est) that has 8 oz of hops already, going to dry hop with another 8. I got a good deal on the hops, so trying to get the grapefruit overload.

1 x Black IPA with Columbus, Chinook, Citra and Amarillo. Yeast: U5-05 / OG: 1.072
1 x Red IPA with Columbus, Chinook and Centennial. Yeast: S-04 + Omega Hothead Ale / OG: 1.064
1 x Dark Belgian with Styrian Dragon ( 105/220 ). Yeast: T-58 / OG: 1.077

Whats in my fermenter is about 2 cups of starsan plus the beer....totally forgot to dump it before filling.....guess we'll see how it goes

Pliney the Elder clone. Brewed on Friday, OG 1.083- California yeast took off like rocket- about 8 inches of Krausen.

Also have 6 gallons of Sauvignon Blanc in secondary

5 gallons of Centennial Blond. 5 Gallons of a nifty dry export style stout. 5 gallons of Irish Red Ale. (I have it on good authority that there is a beer and food oriented holiday a mere 8 weeks or so away, and i did not want to arrive unprepared) (OOOH - Almost forgot: Just put two large pieces of leg-o-pig, and a very hefty piece of chuck into the bucket of Pop's brine as well. The first for traditionalists who wish for Colcannon on the anointed day, and the later for the corned beef aficionado! I hope this counts - since it is a bucket and is sort of fermenting:rolleyes:)

I just bottled a dubbel and then a tripel, leaving two empty fermenters. Then today two brand new fermonsters showed up and now all four are sitting here staring at me. Empty fermentor fever is setting in; I might attempt my first double-header on saturday.

For now a octoberfest lager that I am doing as an ale, but come Friday I’m going to shoot for a double header, with a milk chocolate stout and a alt bier, 5 gal batches

5 gallons of Brown Ale
5 gallons of Porter
5 Gallons of Irish Red
5 gallons of ESB
5 gallons of Pale ale with no dry hopping

12 gallon batch split 3 ways.
4gal WLP590 French Saison
4gal WLP644 Saccharomyces Bruxellensis Trois
4gal US-05 as a neutral control. Never used the White Labs version of French Saison (only Wyeast) and never used the Brux. But a sacch previously thought to be a brett intrigued me!

That should last you a couple weeks.

:yes: That's the idea.

I share a lot of it with myself, friends and family. But I also have some people that buy some of the beer, so instead of just brewing 5 gallons of what I like, I brew 5 x 5 gallons of what I like and get to taste more than one variety. I say it's win-win. ;)

5 gals of nut brown ale and 5 gals of mystics raging red.

Can't wait to drink the both of em!

Black IPA, basically adjusting a Wookie Jack clone to my preferences.
OG 1.084

This was my first trial with some new equipment and trying out a manual HERMS set up. The brew day was rough. I couldn't get my new Captain Crush grain mill to work right for awhile. It just kept spinning only one roller and not catching the other. Then, while trying to recirculate my mash through an old copper immersion chiller in my HLT, the temp of the mash kept varying so much. It was much more difficult to keep the temp consistent than in my test with just water. Adjusting the speed of the pump, and the flame on the HLT, wasn't working as well as I'd hoped. I may try to get better burners and put solenoid valves on them with controllers. Then, when transferring to the carboy, the plate chiller clogged. At least I thought it did, because it ran just fine when I was cleaning it, but wouldn't pump any more while I was transferring. Maybe I will put an SS braid on boil kettle to hopefully prevent debris from getting in there. On top of that, it was freezing outside.

On the plus side, I hit my numbers exactly, which I've never done with my previous, orange cooler mash tun.

:yes: That's the idea.

I share a lot of it with myself, friends and family. But I also have some people that buy some of the beer, so instead of just brewing 5 gallons of what I like, I brew 5 x 5 gallons of what I like and get to taste more than one variety. I say it's win-win. ;)
Don't think I'd admit that...

Latest posts

Back