spent grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

payton34

Reaction score
i have been dumping my spent grain behind my shed all winter but now that it is hot outside the grain i dumped last week really smells bad. i can smell it from the house if the wind is rite. its gonna go in the trash till it gets cold again:cross:

maybe you can bury it like fertilizwr? Hey do you know of any light ale receipe?

I dump mine over the fence across the street from my house which is the back of a cemetery. The closest burials to my house are about 200-300 feet away from the fence. I think the grains have been fertilizing some trees they planted because the ones in front of my house are taller than the others. I'm not stoppin' now, that's for sure!

If you spread them out they will dry out and not stank so bad. I F 'ed around and left mine in the closed mash tun over night. Them mothers were pretty rank when I opened em up. I usually feed em to the deer and they didn't touch that batch..

I dump mine outside the house away from all my windows at the beginning of the woods.Never smell it and seems as though it gets munched on by the wildlife.

Latest posts

Back