what is your favorite beer food pairing??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
last night i had a haandbryggeriet odins tipel imerial stout with a filet migon-medium rare- topped with blue cheese crust. it was the best pairing i have ever had. this was a fresh imerial stout so it was still fairly hoppy which was great for the blue cheese crust, which was awesome. this was my favorite pairing ever.

what is your favorite beer food pairing?

budlight and potato chips

4005628_std.jpg

Fresh pizza off the grill and a hefeweizen.

I use a pizza stone and it picks up some of the smoke off the grill. A hefe goes well with it because the wheat flavors from the beer pair well with the wheat I use to make my dough. I would like to try making some dough out of spent grains but I don't have a mill to make flour.

I like to pair whatever beer I have with whatever food I'm eating. It always seems to be a winner!:cross:

Seriously, I like some good blue cheese on crackers with a good stout. It just tastes...right.

All beer, no food. I find that despite the recent hype about beer and food pairings, they tend to mask each other's flavors rather than complementing each other more often than not. That may, however, likely be just a limitation of my own palate.

I do like cooking with beer though. Adding a bit of smoked porter to ground beef to make hamburgers is divine.

I have lots of favorites, but one of my very favorite pairings is Cookies and Cream Ice Cream and Barleywine. Specifically, Blue Bunny ice cream and the 999 barleywine.

I'll start simple...

#1 a dry stout with a guinness gravy shepherds pie (needs to be guinness in the gravy)

#2 a Belgian beer with mussels steamed in belgian beer, butter and garlic with some crusty bread to soak up the goodness!

# 3 or a hefeweizen with some fresh baked spent mash grain bread with a nice grilled Bockwurst and Sauerkraut

mmmm really hungry for the third!

Hot wings (hotter the better) here too but with Bud Light.
Possibly the greatest meal ever.

My gf made a spicy Thai chicken red curry with Three Floyds Dreadnaught, and we paired it with Gouden Carolous Hopsijoor. Awesome.

A Chocolate Stout and a bag full of toffee if you've got the sweet tooth.

If not, a nice IPA and pizza with hotsauce on it.

Back