Original Batch Cantillon Iris (1998) Hiding In My Wine Rack - Holy Crap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiscoKid

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Holy Crap! I was going through my wine rack tonight making space for a couple of new bottles and I ran across this little gem!

Cantillon Iris on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

One of the first batch of "Iris." Cantillon has, since 1998, brewed one batch of this a year. A good friend of mine, who probably has forgotten more about beer than I can ever hope to learn, brought this back for me as Christmas present in 2001. I tucked it away for a special occasion and totally forgot about it.

Here's the link to the brewer's webpage on this beer (in English): Cantillon Brewery - Iris

As for my friend, unfortunately he had a particularly nasty stroke almost a year ago and he hasn't been brewing or drinking since. Maybe I should just tuck this away and forget about it again for a little while until he gets the ok to imbibe.

Totally awesome. I'd definitely hang onto it to share with your bud when he's back in good health.

Back