acetic acid on copper neccesary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo57

Reaction score
I am building a copper manifold for my mash tun, I saw somewhere that I should clean the copper with acetic acid before using it, is this true? Is it necessary? Where do I find acetic acid? HD have it?

Thanks!

I am building a copper manifold for my mash tun, I saw somewhere that I should clean the copper with acetic acid before using it, is this true? Is it necessary? Where do I find acetic acid? HD have it?

Thanks!

I built one for my 10 gallon Igloo with 20' of copper...I'm going to add 20 more feet, it didn't have the response I want with only 20 feet.

Can you send a pic of your 10g igloo? Why not just get a false bottom igloo? Mine works great and also get around 70-80% eff. I am just upgrading to a bigger cooler 100qts, so I need to build my own manifold.

Can you send a pic of your 10g igloo? Why not just get a false bottom igloo? Mine works great and also get around 70-80% eff. I am just upgrading to a bigger cooler 100qts, so I need to build my own manifold.

My apologies, I use a false bottom, my copper project is a coil that I pump HLT water through for temperature control/adjustment...it was in a recent BYO so I am trying it out with my RIMs tube.

Back