Surly 5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

509inc

Reaction score
Just got back from the store. Now to crack one of these open.

100% Brett Dark Ale Aged in Red Wine Barrels.

CIMG0147.jpg

Better get a bottle before I buy them all. I really need to start brewing with Brett.

Man, I fricking love that beer.

(and no- "all sour" is not at all what I expect from an all-brett beer. Five is one-of-a-kind in my experience. I had a bit of a chat with the brewer about how exactly they make it happen, and to say it challenges homebrewing convention is putting it lightly)

Man, I fricking love that beer.

(and no- "all sour" is not at all what I expect from an all-brett beer. Five is one-of-a-kind in my experience. I had a bit of a chat with the brewer about how exactly they make it happen, and to say it challenges homebrewing convention is putting it lightly)

If anyone has extra I'm open to trades. I really want one if these.

Surly 5 is $18 that would have to be a good trade.

Anything special from a local brewery where you are?

Surly 5 is $18 that would have to be a good trade.

Anything special from a local brewery where you are?

I'd go atraight trade for either a Founders Blushing Monk 750ml or I have The Rapture from hopcat which is 1 of like a hundred bottled. That ones a 22 of an American wild ale aged in bourbon barrels with Stanley plums. It's very good. I also have a few Jolly pumpkins.

Back