Next step?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peregris

Reaction score
I have a cooler MLT that works great in which I batch sparge, an immersion chiller, turkey fryer setup, a few primary buckets, and a few batches worth of bottles.

What would you all suggest as the next step for equipment that wouldn't be too expensive?

Would you go for a kegging setup (I hate bottling) or something for the mashing and sparging end of things?

Yes, go for the kegging setup particularly since you find bottling such a PITA. What are you using for a boil kettle? That may be the next item you want to upgrade if you are using a turkey fryer pot as they are usually only 7 or 8 gallon capacity at most.

I use both kegs and bottles. I must be one of the few that actually enjoys bottling at times. I don't want to have to bottle all the time, but occasionally it's fun.

I vote for kegging too...I'm set-up similarly to you and would love to be kegging right now. Then again, I'd love a barley crusher, bulk malt, a couple of banjo burners, etc.

yea kinda up to you I guess LOL I would say what do you THINK you need and go with that.... because you have all the basics covered it looks.....

I am in pretty much the exact same position. I have been thinking about upgrading my boil kettle, but am not sure what would be the best upgrade.

I guess some research is in order...

Back