What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe. Well atleast someone is confident. This is my first time with fantasy football so I didn't really know what to expect. That draft went really quick and I kinda wish I would've made a couple different choices. But, we'll see what happens.

it never turns out the way you think so you never know who will win. The best thing about fantasy football is each year is so much different from the last, my guys could all get hurt and id be dead in the water

Time to eat.

311614_10152013746422178_20268386_n.jpg

375582_10152013872402178_612291032_n.jpg

Channel66 knows the deal!
403455_10151232889842178_1497862305_n.jpg

About to crack-open an Ivan the Terrible.

Remmy said:
I hope you are able to get some smoke on those bad boys before you foil them...aka the Texas Crutch. :D:D:D:D:D

I'm not a fan of alot of smoke on meat. Beer is a different story. :D
So I always foil. Too much smoke and it makes me ill for a day afterward.

I'm not a fan of alot of smoke on meat. Beer is a different story. :D
So I always foil. Too much smoke and it makes me ill for a day afterward.

You're using the wrong wood. Try Apple, peach, or cherry. The fruit trees provide a lot of sugars mellowing the smoke flavor but increasing the overall bbq flavor.

Channel66 said:
You're using the wrong wood. Try Apple, peach, or cherry. The fruit trees provide a lot of sugars mellowing the smoke flavor but increasing the overall bbq flavor.

Or he is using green wood. Don't let that stuff smolder and get on your food because that'll get you sick.

Beef can handle any amount of smoke you throw at it. Chicken and pork on the other hand...fruit wood only.

Coffee. I'm headed to get some commercial beers later so I can do a little research later (I'm thinking a few Saisons and maybe an IPA, or three).

Channel66 said:

I've been meaning to try some fruit tree wood. Just haven't.

Remmy said:
Or he is using green wood. Don't let that stuff smolder and get on your food because that'll get you sick.

Beef can handle any amount of smoke you throw at it. Chicken and pork on the other hand...fruit wood only.

Nope, never used green wood. I know better than that.
But no matter what wood or who cooks it, restaurants included, if they break a certain level of smoke, my stomach doesn't like it. It's not a taste bud problem, it's a physical illness afterward problem. I love the flavor, but the flavor isn't worth being sick. So if it tastes too smoky, I don't eat it.

But no matter what wood or who cooks it, restaurants included, if they break a certain level of smoke, my stomach doesn't like it. It's not a taste bud problem, it's a physical illness afterward problem. I love the flavor, but the flavor isn't worth being sick. So if it tastes too smoky, I don't eat it.

Sell the smoker and cook indirect on the grill?

Lot of $ for beer instead.

well thats too bad, I would hate that. I need some of that RYEding the storm brew. We got back to KS friday night and it was been raining sense then!

finsfan said:
well thats too bad, I would hate that. I need some of that RYEding the storm brew. We got back to KS friday night and it was been raining sense then!

It turned out pretty good. It's a dark rye IPA I formulated that I used a bunch of Amarillo and Citra at flameout, hop stand and dry hop. It's tasting like I need to recharge the hops in the keg now.

My sister is falling behind I'm 2 beers up on her. Kids just can't drink like we used to. This is about the point where my conditioning kicks in and her inexperience shows.

She's out of decent beer with an exception of some aging stuff I gave her, might be time for a beer run. I really dislike this beer.

20130729_165001_HDR_Hagrid_Antonio-1.jpg

Just like a baby sister to let me dump 50 bucks on beer, help me drink it, then not offer to buy the next round.

Who me? Staying at my sister's apartment to go to work until our new place is finished being built. Pretty sure it's a dollar store glass. :drunk: she's a college kid.

:D Enjoy, dude!

Life is great. It's time for another brew!

By the way, the picture with the old grill grate was on Moosehead (Beaver Cove, instead of Rockwood where I usually stay). I grilled some med-rare NY Strips and pit baked potatoes on that, too...while watching the Loons go to work on fish right in front of me. I love Maine.

:D Enjoy, dude!

Life is great. It's time for another brew!

By the way, the picture with the old grill grate was on Moosehead. I grilled some med-rare NY Strips and pit baked potatoes on that, too...while watching the Loons go to work on fish right in front of me. I love Maine.

I knew it was moosehead, I was just being a dink

FermentNEthinG said:
Finishing off this elf while I warm up this Java Stout from Wes. Gonna be tasty I already know it.

I love that Java Stout. It's like canned coffee. :D

Liquid crack. Grilling some chicken. Smoker is on vacation. I love 668. Connecticut stuff, pops!

image-204964739.jpg

image-1893245981.jpg

image-2869701478.jpg

one time I smoked my ribs. I had to marinate them on Oxycontin. which, by the way, seemed to leave me chasing the dragon.

coffee at the moment while I decide what to drink before, with, and after supper.

Back