Bottling problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baummer

Reaction score
I am trying to bottle next week but have run into a problem. The spigot on my bottling bucket is too small to fit tubing into or my spring loaded bottling tube.
Here are 2 pictures to show you what I mean. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this. I am in Korea, and don't have a homebrew shop to go to, so I'm looking for some macgyver like idea.
Thanks!

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

Your screwed. lol. NO what about going up to 1/2' and going over the whole spigot or even going up to 5/8/ I am assuming that that is 3/8 tubing.

you could just use a racking cane and hose...Once you get a syphon going you are good to go. Depending on the bottle wand you may or may not need a clamp to stop the flow.

Wow....

Do you have a spring filled bottling wand? Does that rigid tube fit inside the spigot?
If that fits you can do like this....

bottling_wand.jpg

Stick the wand inside the spigot and fill sitting at a table.

Of can you ream out the inside notches to get something to fit inside it, like a solid plastic tube (maybe the barrell of a pen perhaps, or a little piece of rigid brass tubing), that you can put your hose on and slide THAT piece inside the spigot

Back