StarSan to remove Mold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruversm

Reaction score
I inherited a rather nice beer fridge, but it has evidence of mold/mildew. Can I effectively use StarSan in a spray bottle to rid my fridge of the mold?

You can....but If I were you....Bleach all the way!

No reason to mess with it. about a 5% bleach solution (10% if it's super bad) and a sponge, you'll have a sterile fridge in no time flat!

Well star-san in diluted form in a spraybottle is cheaper than an off the shelf mildew remover. I'm not sure it would work but you could try if you like, then make sure you keep it dry and put some damp rid in there to keep down any rust or mildew.

Wow I'm slow, yeah bleach solution would work as well (on hard plastic surfaces) and be cheaper.

I recently had the same problem in my fermenting fridge from a previous fermentation leak/overflow. I dump out enough used Starsan solution, that there's always some available for cleanups like that. It worked great.

Back