Not a bad movie.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Art by David Shrigley
Reaction score
So with all of the Best of crap and Worst of crap, I figure there should be some better than expected category... Sure the wife rented it, but you figured you'd give it 5 minutes (before you run off to check what usmcbuttchunk is posting etc etc) yet it is better than you'd expected... in fact it is good.

A+ The Cradle Will Rock (Awesome, well beyond ANY expectations. F'ing Great)
B+ The Legend of 1900 (Good, not stellar).

What do you think; on the classic grade school style A to F rating...
Maybe the F's don't apply to this particular thread...:off:

cradle will rock is awseome...have you seen 'the stepdad' or 'stepfather' i forget the name, its a low budget type movie where this guy goes psycho and kills his whole family, then moves, meets a single mom and eventualy goes psycho again on his new family...

i was thinking about starting a best of chick flick thread, but thought otherwise.

i actually liked 'jawbreaker', and 'legally blonde' is awesome...

cgravier said:
cradle will rock is awseome...have you seen 'the stepdad' or 'stepfather' i forget the name, its a low budget type movie where this guy goes psycho and kills his whole family, then moves, meets a single mom and eventualy goes psycho again on his new family...

That's kind of a cult classic for a buddy and me. I haven't seen it in a while though. Tons of shocks and scares, and I seem to remember a twist in the ending.

billybrew said:
That's kind of a cult classic for a buddy and me. I haven't seen it in a while though. Tons of shocks and scares, and I seem to remember a twist in the ending.

that movie is brilliant..from the building of the birdhouse in the begginning to when they rip the thing down at the end...i dont know about a twist, but there is an unexpected full frontal nudity shower scene towards the end,(the daughter) i think the dad is played by mark harmon, im not sure though... its great when he goes psycho though...

You're right, I was getting it mixxed up with another movie. Stepfather's House I think or maybe grandfathers house?

Yeah, the one you're talking about was pretty intense. For some reason I can't ever get out of my head the scene where the wife figures out what's up while he's on the phone and he smacks her on the face with the receiver. Brutal!

Also, while he's in, how should I say this?, coitus with her and it shows his face and he's just snarling the whole time. I keep forgetting to try that when my wife's not looking!!!:eek:

Back