STC-1000 temp controller fascination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porcupine73

Reaction score
Hm I saw the threads about the STC-1000 aquarium temp controller on ebay...so I ordered one. It arrived and it looks great! I like the look, the clicky leaf spring type buttons seem high quality, and the actual industrial style screw terminals connectors and shroud are very impressive. I'm thinking of using a 4 gang plastic box, so I can have a duplex outlet for heating, a duplex outlet for cooling, a duplex outlet constantly on, and the fourth position dremeled out to mount the STC-1000. I ordered a second one from the same seller and am thinking about a third.... price went up from 19.99 usd shipped from China (arrived in about 12 days to NY), to 21.99.

haha good point, they would work as a thermostat too most likely! I like the space heaters because they require no electricity to run. They stay on constantly in the dead of winter just because this old house is poorly insulated and with all the space heaters on I can get maybe a 40F rise above ambient inside.

haha good point, they would work as a thermostat too most likely! I like the space heaters because they require no electricity to run. They stay on constantly in the dead of winter just because this old house is poorly insulated and with all the space heaters on I can get maybe a 40F rise above ambient inside.

What sort of fuel do your space heaters use?

Hi, the space heaters run on natural gas. I got my first stc1000 build done last night. I have it controlling my new GE 7 cuft freezer with two 6.5g carboys in it starting two batches of sake.

Back