Weird "draughtish amberish" beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjoystick

Reaction score
Hello everybody and everyone.

I just moved this odd thing to secondary, let me hear what you think.

First I boiled like 7 litres of water, added one can of Coopers Draught, and one can of Bernsteins Medium Ambre (unhopped). Boiled and stirred them like 10 minutes, then used running water to get the the kettle cold as fast as possible.

The I poured everything to the container, and added cold water to get about 24 litres total.

Measured SG to 1,040, added yeast and closed the container.
The Fermentation went as it should, and after a week (yesterday) I measured OG and got 1,010, and moved the beer to the secondary for another week.

The beer tasted very good as I ofcourse sampled it when I took the OG. Funny thing about it is the color, which is due the lightness of Draught and the, well, amberish tone of Bernstein. Color is pretty close to ice tea at the moment. :p

I think I'm gonna use about 100 grams of dex sugar when I bottle this stuff.

Any thoughts of this? 100 g sugar good for the bottling? Anyone got ideas of the bitterness and other math on this one?

bitterness is gotta be pretty low considering the addition of the unhopped extract w/o any hop additions to balance it out.

ABV=(OG-FG)*131

Back