You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you start constructing (in your mind) an elaborate hand pump system from your secondary fermenter in the basement up to your kitchen.

When you're nearing finals week, and have a lot assignments to finish and studying to do, but you're wasting your time on Homebrewtalk.com

ugh...

When you think the beer you're drinking is definitely "the best beer ever" 😃. Of course it's an unlabeled bottle 😃

When you should be focused on more important things like school work

I see that you have fallen slave to the social pressures of, "Paid for education = financial success".

How do you know that if you go down that road you won't be screwing yourself out of the fame and glory/big $$$ that you could have by brewing instead of studying. And instead creating the next world class style of beer, that brings you billions of dollars, rather than the pesky millions you now hope for???

vader.gif
"Come to the Dark Side young insanim8er,... the dark side of beer. It will become your power and your tool to succeed. Trust me young Luke, eer I mean, young insanim8er."

pb

I see that you have fallen slave to the social pressures of, "Paid for education = financial success".

How do you know that if you go down that road you won't be screwing yourself out of the fame and glory/big $$$ that you could have by brewing instead of studying. And instead creating the next world class style of beer, that brings you billions of dollars, rather than the pesky millions you now hope for???

vader.gif
"Come to the Dark Side young insanim8er,... the dark side of beer. It will become your power and your tool to succeed. Trust me young Luke, eer I mean, young insanim8er."

pb

Ya, I guess I have...

Good thing the government pays for my education. When deciding to go from sales into networking, it requires a bachelors degree just to get experience to get a job in the industry... No diploma = your resume flushed out by the automated system.

And that's becoming more and more true for many jobs these days.

Plus iOS app development pays better... So im focused on that too. Brewing in between.

If you think angry birds was big, just wait for

angry beers: attack of the killer krausen
And
killer yeast: sugar is too sweet to survive

Coming soon to an iOS device near you

Plus I'm a forward thinker. I figure soon the breweries will need me to manage, maintain and program their robot brewmasters...

Ya, I guess I have...

Good thing the government pays for my education. When deciding to go from sales into networking, it requires a bachelors degree just to get experience to get a job in the industry... No diploma = your resume flushed out by the automated system.

And that's becoming more and more true for many jobs these days.

Plus iOS app development pays better... So im focused on that too. Brewing in between.

If you think angry birds was big, just wait for

angry beers: attack of the killer krausen
And
killer yeast: sugar is too sweet to survive

Coming soon to an iOS device near you

Plus I'm a forward thinker. I figure soon the breweries will need me to manage, maintain and program their robot brewmasters...

Speaking again from the dark side,... You do know that Steve Jobs and his buddy, " The Woz" were both drummed outta college?

Actually, I gotta hand it to you, today is way different from when I was your age,( I'm guessing your folks might be young enough to be my kids). ;)

Stick with your plan. and follow it through. Don't forget the beer, it will carry you through. Actually I could have worded that better,... I think the beer will cause someone to carry you through something,... I don't know.

pb --- I work 3rd shift so I might be impaired by now,... I don't know.:confused:

Just don't forget the BEER!

Speaking again from the dark side,... You do know that Steve Jobs and his buddy, " The Woz" were both drummed outta college?

Actually, I gotta hand it to you, today is way different from when I was your age,( I'm guessing your folks might be young enough to be my kids). ;)

Stick with your plan. and follow it through. Don't forget the beer, it will carry you through. Actually I could have worded that better,... I think the beer will cause someone to carry you through something,... I don't know.

pb --- I work 3rd shift so I might be impaired by now,... I don't know.:confused:

Hell yes! All the great inventors, thinkers and creative minds failed in school at some point. I have a rather big grudge against any entry level job post that has a requirement of X years of experience. Hello entry level means the start of a career so why do yo want previous experience? A person can not gain experience until they are allowed to start. Sorry rant over. :off::D

Hell yes! All the great inventors, thinkers and creative minds failed in school at some point. I have a rather big grudge against any entry level job post that has a requirement of X years of experience. Hello entry level means the start of a career so why do yo want previous experience? A person can not gain experience until they are allowed to start. Sorry rant over. :off::D

Annoying aint it? Often they will allow you in with less, or a degree can count as X years of it.

unionrdr said:
When you're torn between Christmas & brewing 3 batches of hybrid lager...
Running low on stock and work shuts down for 2 weeks at Christmas so I need plenty of beer. Money is tight from buying for the kids and the wife told me we don't have the extra cash for a batch. So I told her that she could just take this batch from my Christmas gifts.

Bein retired ain't easy. And daughter wants us to pitch in for plane ticket back home from SoCal to boot. Lookin pretty thin for brewing as of now. Dang,& I got a few jars of WL029 screamin at me "use me baby! Use meeeee"...

This.

Study hard and hit your goals. But don't forget about keeping a work-life balance. Hobbies like homebrewing and enjoying beer will help you remember why you are busting your arse every day. Even when you get busy with work, family, etc., don't forget to set aside some time and a little $$ for the good things in life.

<philosophical mode off>

MaxStout said:
This.

Study hard and hit your goals. But don't forget about keeping a work-life balance. Hobbies like homebrewing and enjoying beer will help you remember why you are busting your arse every day. Even when you get busy with work, family, etc., don't forget to set aside some time and a little $$ for the good things in life.

<philosophical mode off>

You guys on here should write a self help book. "Life through the eyes of a home brewer" or " the rose colored Carboy"

When you are driving to Turkey day dinner this afternoon, a route I have taken many times and you happen to notice a street sign, "Pitchers way"
and the first think you think is yeast.

My books would be called:

How to Win Friends & Intoxicate People (How to win friends & influence people)
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Home Brewers (The 7 Habits of highly effective people)
The Power of Beer (The power of Now)

Zen and the Art of Zymurgy (Zen and the Art of Archery)

The Fermentation-driven Life (Purpose Driven Life)

The Wealthy Brewer (The Wealthy Barber)

When you get all your buddy's over to help empty a keg so it will be open for the batch that almost done fermenting

I feel sure this has been said before but...
When you have a commercial beer that you used to love and it's extremely disappointing compared to your own homebrew.

Back