Northern Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kass_Brauhaus

Reaction score
Anybody have any dealings/history with Northern Brewer? I was just curious. I randomly got a catalog in the mail from them. Are they new? Good customer service? They seem a little pricey but not terrible.

Customer service is great. I bought a blow off tube assembly once (bung and hose). I didnt think the hose fit well, they gave me more in a credit than the thing cost.

Yeah, a fantastic retailer - and I currently split my business between Northern Brewer and Brewmaster's Warehouse for 90% of my supplies and equipment.

Awesome, thanks. I placed an order and it's already shipped. Can't complain about that! I am curious how they got my address for the catalog. Oh well. It is fun to peruse the 1500 dollar fermenators.

I would like to know where you get your stuff if you think NB is a little pricey. Unfortunately they DO NOT ship to Canada, as I have found so many things they have that I want. Fortunatly Minneapolis is in my plans for a trip in the near future (go there every year). If I find stuff that I really like, I will have to talk nice to the family down there to send stuff up to me.

I usually go to my LHBS. It seems Northern Brewer's prices are hit or miss. For example, their Belgian Candi Sugar is 150% MORE than my LHBS, and their grains are about $1 to $2 per pound more than my LHBS. However, their yeasts are priced nice. Their draft towers are an outstanding value too.

I did just run across the thread on Brewmaster's Warehouse. I'll probably use them as much as possible from now on (when my LHBS is out).

awsome customer service!!!!! i placed an order, it shipped. a few days later i got an email staing they sent the wrong order. before the packaged reached me, they were able to retrieve it, and get my order in the mail a few days later and gave me a $20 dollar gift certificate!

NB is great. They have some hard to find connections and fittings. Their new customer welcome package is cool too, includes a poster if I recall. I like their site the best out of all of the larger vendors, nice pics and decent prices. They are quickly climbing my list of preferred online vendors.

Anybody have any dealings/history with Northern Brewer? I was just curious. I randomly got a catalog in the mail from them. Are they new? Good customer service? They seem a little pricey but not terrible.

Yes. Sure. Me too. Nope. Only on second Thurdays. Sometimes but, only when I am broke.

I usually go to my LHBS. It seems Northern Brewer's prices are hit or miss. For example, their Belgian Candi Sugar is 150% MORE than my LHBS, and their grains are about $1 to $2 per pound more than my LHBS. However, their yeasts are priced nice. Their draft towers are an outstanding value too.

I did just run across the thread on Brewmaster's Warehouse. I'll probably use them as much as possible from now on (when my LHBS is out).

Your LHBS is selling grain for less than $1/lb?

Well, damn, you guys are lucky then. I have to buy in bulk from North Country to get those prices. My LHBS is charging $55 for a 50# sack of Briess 2-row and $70 for 55# of MO.

Used them for years before I heard about anyone else. Used their forum to learn new things years ago (before I found HBT!).

Great customer services as mentioned. Still use them, but since they've gotten about $2 grand of my money over the many years, I'm spreading it around a bit more.

That's great. Everyone, please don't take my comment about them being a bit pricey as a slam. If their customer service is as good as advertised here, I'm more than pleased to pay a few cents difference.

Back