Beer & Chocolate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been discussed here before-- too lazy to dig deep into old threads-- but for me, beer and chocolate offer great opportunities for amazing pairings.

Right now, I just stumbled upon what happens when you drink Leffe Blonde with Green & Black's Maya Gold chocolate (dark chocolate with orange and spices).

Brilliant pairing. Like bathing in radiant sunshine while drinking deep from the eternal source of all existence. Sublime.

Hmm... should I have posted this in that other forum about drunken ramblings and such?

-Steve

I was drinking Deschutes' Abyss while eating vanilla ice cream covered in dark chocolate syrup. I think I may have actually had a pleasure-induced stroke and all of you are just a coma fantasy of mine I've been having since then.

This topic brought up some memories...I rememeber sitting at the bar when I was (maybe) 18 with my dad, drinking a PBR and asking him if I could get a Snickers. He immediately snapped "you don't eat chocolate with beer!" Well, now when I think about it...we were drinking PBR!

So, I'm anxious to hear some good chocolate pairings with good beer, now that I know what good beer is!

Back