New invention!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caplan

Reaction score
As it's been a while since anyone has mentioned wine making equipment i've been searching ceaselessly for new innovations to assist us wine enthusiasts. Imagine my surprise and unfettered joy at discovering this!!!! Called a 'corkscrew', this device apparently enables you to open wine bottles by simply removing the cork! - I kid you not!!!
No more smashing the bottle neck over your drinking companion/family member's head to get to the good stuff. Rumours abound that these will be available commercially (but maybe not in Wales or Salt Lake City.....)
Here's a picture, feast your eyes on the future!
corkscrew.jpg

Caplan said:
As it's been a while since anyone has mentioned wine making equipment i've been searching ceaselessly for new innovations to assist us wine enthusiasts. Imagine my surprise and unfettered joy at discovering this!!!! Called a 'corkscrew', this device apparently enables you to open wine bottles by simply removing the cork! - I kid you not!!!
No more smashing the bottle neck over your drinking companion/family member's head to get to the good stuff. Rumours abound that these will be available commercially (but maybe not in Wales or Salt Lake City.....)
Here's a picture, feast your eyes on the future!
corkscrew.jpg

I like the new kind that grips the neck of the bottle and allows you to pull out the cork in one easy pull.

B0000AYIXG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

You mean i've missed out on this whole 'cork removal' concept for over 35 years???? Imagine the amount of wine bottles i've needlessly smashed that i could have re-used. My world has been rocked!!!!!!

Great find Caplin! ;)

Cheese is right, that new one he showed is the best!

Caplan said:
You mean i've missed out on this whole 'cork removal' concept for over 35 years???? Imagine the amount of wine bottles i've needlessly smashed that i could have re-used. My world has been rocked!!!!!!

I used to stick them in my bum and twist, then someone told me that's gay.

Cheesefood said:
I used to stick them in my bum and twist, then someone told me that's gay.
What you do with wine bottles when the wife is out of town is no one's business but yours Cheese but how did that help getting the cork out?

Finally, I don't have to use my glass cutter on the neck of the bottle any longer!

Cheese, it's only gay if you're putting the wide end in your bum. If it's the neck with the cork, that's called 'manly'.

What? Why are you guys looking at me like that?

So, that curly dealy on my army knife isn't a nose-pick? Always wondered why it was so short.

I guess I'm too sober for this thread ^_^;

I've got the one cheesefood showed though. Very cool cork drilling/extraction device :)

Now if there were only some way to get into the beer bottles without breaking a tooth or chipping the furniture. Nah, that's crazy talk...

Damn good thread, Cap ! Between the two of us, the second picture looks like a cork-putter-inner to me. It also won't fit in your pocket. I think they're just trying to keep a brother down!

Back