Didn't rinse sanitizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajs349

Reaction score
I just bottled a batch today and I decided to finally use some packs of C-Bright cleanser on my bottling bucket, hoses, siphon, and bottle caps. I realized after I capped my last bottle I didn't rinse anything off after a C-Bright soak. Should I not try and drink any now?

SANITIZATION: No-rinse effective sanitization requires a solution of 100 ppm available chlorine. This will be achieved by dissolving the contents of an 0.8 ounce packet of C-Brite in 2 gallons of warm water. Thoroughly wet all surfaces to be sanitized. Let stand at least one minute. Drain and AIR DRY.

Ingredients: C-Brite is an active chlorine based preparation. Sodium Dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate 6%, inert ingredients 94%. Provides 3.3% available chlorine

from c brite

The package I have calls for 2.0 ounces of C-Brite per 2.5 gallons. I used 4 0.8oz packets in about 4 gallons of water. It sounds like I used twice as much. Should I worry? Maybe I'll just call them.

My dear, it sounds like you are trying to find things to worry about. Relax, it's suppose to be fun. Your beer is fine and will be very tasty; all the more since you made it.

Latest posts

Back