FIRST SMASH recipe; MO + EKG + Nottingham

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBC

Reaction score
Well, I finally have a keg'd and carbonated SMASH beer to drink. I suppose we will call this a British Smash: 10# MO, 1oz EKG, w/Nottingham.

This is one of those beers that you cannot stop drinking. It is very flavorful with the Maris Otter malt, just the right amount of hop tingle in the mouth with a hint of fruitiness, and a fresh yeast taste that does not overpower with the nottingham.
LHQK.jpeg

I bought a bag of MO and decided that I want to keep simple recipes to learn the malt well. My next goal is to keep with the 'simple' concept and attempt a Red ALE.

I think the can in the pic says it all. I just look down at my waist and that is enough for me to stop earlier than that.

LOVE my MO SMaSH batches... Got one coming out of fermenting keg before the end of the week (need the fermenting keg for a batch this weekend, and it's been long enough).

Try hop bursting with EKG for a batch... mmmmmm mmmmm good stuff.

Back