Moving Sucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
Well, I'm in my new place now, but haven't got all the odds and ends out of the old place, nor is it totally cleaned up. I don't have my computer set up yet....I'm on my new roomate's laptop right now. It'll probably be a few days before I can get to it.

I see things are carrying here in my absence. I'll be working on tomorrow, so maybe I'll have a chance to get on then. :D

Lata!

I have a relative who just sets the place on fire whenever she wants to move, then puts in an insurance claim and buys all new stuff. You can apparently get away with that strategy 3 or 4 times, then the state graciously pays your expenses for you for a little while.

I have four older sisters. I've moved them all at least four times each. You're right, moving does suck. You never realize how much crap you have until you move. Makes me want to give up worldly possesions and be a Bhuddist Monk, just so I don't have to move all my crap again.

Just do like I do. Leave all your stuff in the old house and buy new stuff when you move. Even works with kids--leave and make new ones.

Wayne Havens said:
Just do like I do. Leave all your stuff in the old house and buy new stuff when you move. Even works with kids--leave and make new ones.

Do you rent them all out and make a little $$$ or do you just sell them outright? ;)

Back