Crusher gap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just about ready to try out my homebuilt crusher, and I wondered what would be a good gap to start with? Does anyone know approx. what they have for theirs?

Geez, my plans are on my computer at home, or possibly on my memory stick that I accidentally formated while duplicating a computer for a client. (I'm stupid.)

But basically it's an aluminum frame, 4 sides. Has 2, 2" rollers that I knurled on the lathe, but not as deep as I would have liked. The rollers ride on copper bushings, and the pair on one roller are set into a round piece that is drilled slightly off center. Rotating that round piece allows for some adjustment back and forth due to the eccentric action. A set screw fixes the eccentric in place.

The rollers have 3/4" pins inserted in each end to ride on the bushings and one is longer and has a bolt head on it so I can use a crank or drill to drive it. I'll post pics if I can find them, but it's nothing fancy, just what my brain came up with. I'd like to see a more professional crusher some time and see if I can make another one that is easier to build or easier to adjust and use.

I'm just the computer guy using some equipment at work in my spare time.

Back