Successful Starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayday1019

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have recently posted a number of threads with questions I had about making and dealing with yeast starters.

I made a mini-mash version of an IPA yesterday and ended up pitching the starter into the wort at about 10:00 last night. I woke up this morning at 6 and the IPA is seriously fermenting with a thick head of krausen on the top.

I am going to go out on a limb here and call the starter a success! It was so easy to make, and obviously so beneficial to the brew that I think I will try to make one a day or two before every brew I make now. Thank you to everyone who helped me out over the last week!

starters are great!
the first time i used a wyeast activator i did not make a starter and it was about 36 hours before i saw bubbles
i made a starter saturday with the same yeast,pitched on sunday and had airlock activity in 2hours

good job! starters rule! my las batch showed sings of fermentation IMMEDIATELY, as soon as i threw it in there the beer was ALIVE!!!

Back