Label critique...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustybucket

Reaction score
My first stab at a beer label. I'm making a back label for it as well, that will tell a little more about the beer. This is just the upfront label.

This is my first brewing attempt and in honor of my Beer Wench that helped out so much I'm naming this first Ale after her....

Her name is Michelle, so the beer is MichAle

I'm open to input/suggestions/opinions...etc. BTW, the dogs are Alex, left, Buddy Right... good brewing company!

MichAle.jpg

Looks awesome! I love the rustic look.

You might want to let people know what style of beer it is and ABV%, but that's just splitting hairs. Love the label. :mug:

Well, mich means Me in German, so it could be interpreted as meaning Me Ale...

As in, I just got done bottling Me Ale last night. Arrr! Me Maties!

Although I did also figure that it meant Michelle before I read your post, so it's not hard to see that.

Here's a version with the back text. Please no one take offense to the verbiage, it's just supposed to be funny, some of the content is scraped from other sources...etc

MichAle2.jpg

I like the name, and the back is epic:rockin:

+1 on putting the type of beer and abv.(I also agree is splitting hairs)
Even if you don't put those things in, that label is really cool.

:mug:

-Nick

Ok, I think this is the final version, decided to combine front and back into 1 label for sake of time/labor for putting the labels on 20gals of beer!

MichAle3.jpg

Nice ! I like the sepia-toned look to the label. As mentioned before, I would at least put the style of brew on the label, also. ABV...+/-

Oh man, the details about the beer are just awesome. I got a good chuckle out of that.

Still, when I grab a cold one, I want to know at least the style and the ABV%. Just sayin'...

Haha that label is the shiz. Nothing better than making a label that looks legit say something that you'd never see on a commercial brew. Lack of censorship is one of the many fantastic benefits to homebrew.

Back