Gas leak at ball lock.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bender

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about 100 miles from home. One of the kegs I brought with me is leaking gas when the gas ball lock is attached. If I push down or pull up on the ball lock I can stop the leak (or at least decrease it so I can't hear it). If I were home I'd just smear some of the food grade grease on the gasket. Is there a substitute I might be able to find in an ordinary kitchen?

Vaseline.

if you don't have a tub handy, you can also use the 100%PJ lip balm. $.99 at the local pharmacy.

If you're up for cleaning the disconnect really well when you get home, just use some crisco, olive oil, or bacon grease... but you'll have to replace the post oring when you get home.

B

Vaseline.

if you don't have a tub handy, you can also use the 100%PJ lip balm. $.99 at the local pharmacy.

If you're up for cleaning the disconnect really well when you get home, just use some crisco, olive oil, or bacon grease... but you'll have to replace the post oring when you get home.

B

Thanks. I was hoping that would work.

Back