Hell's Kitchen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
Anyone here watch it?

Chef Gordan Ramsey seems like pretty cool guy, yeah he acts like a ****** on the show, but i bet in real life the guy is pretty nice... Kitchen Nightmares is another show I like (sort of see his softer side).

Although, before any of this I've never heard of the guy before.

The season is almost wrapped up, just curious if anyone else was following it.

Yep. I Tivo it and watch it when I can. I like to cook too. I love the way he compliments people.

"Fabulous Risotto, now Piss off" :D

Yeah, I have been watching it. I have watched every season (I think this is season 3).

If you get BBC America, they have old (not the ones on Fox) Kitchen Nightmares episodes and another show he had Ramsey's F-Word. I think they are all pretty entertaining. He has a temper and is not afraid to tell people what he thinks and it is funny how most people react.

I watched the first few seasons and thought it was good ... "Move your ass, donkey!"

I tried watching this season and changed the channel in the first 5 minutes of Episode 1 after he dressed up like a woman. I know it's a Fox "reality" show and all, but come on ......

I love Kitchen Nightmares and his other Brit shows, he comes across as pretty hard-ass but committed and passionate about doing things the right way. Hells Kitchen; can't watch it, hate it.

"Chef Ramsey, Ben took my cookie!"

That show is unbelievable. Some of the people have talent, others are like....yup they added them for TV drama. What boggles my mind, is how poorly many of them perform during service. I imagine quite a lot of it has to do with the pressure of being on TV and all of that, but I also imagine that should go away after like a few days or something.

Like the time he ground up hotdogs into 'Pate' and Catfish Roe as 'Caviar'. There were a few other items. So he gives it to them and every single one of them was like praising him. "Oh the Caviar is not fishy at all" or "That is a very good Pate". Then he does those blind taste tests and only a few items are indeed what I would describe as 'difficult'. I mean the one person ate Turnips and called it Potatoes or something like that. Not only does the texture have near zero similarity, the flavor of any member of that family is so distinct you'd have to be really spaced out not to hit it. Now if he had said 'Rutabaga' well then without being able to see the color, they are quite similar with respect to flavor and texture.

I watch both shows. I like Kitchen Nightmares a little more. They have started to show some clips of this falls season. Looks pretty good. Chef Ramsey is a trip!

I haven't watched it based on the Fox commercials. He comes off like a giant ass it looks like more reality crap. I've seen him on a morning talk show (if I say which one, I'll get ribbed :D) and he seemed a decent guy. I refuse to watch reality shows anymore.

I've watched both from Season 1, can't get enough of it. The new show, kitchen nightmare's, is very interesting too. I probably became hooked because they did 4 episodes in my area (long island).

All I can say is I'm glad Jen & Matt are not in the final 2.

I've watched both from Season 1, can't get enough of it. The new show, kitchen nightmare's, is very interesting too. I probably became hooked because they did 4 episodes in my area (long island).

All I can say is I'm glad Jen & Matt are not in the final 2.

agreed, and I'm surprised that Matt had gotten as far as he did...

I love it. I think Ramsey's personality is typical for British Buisness.

My father had to goto the UK to do a quality audit for a plant. He shows up to the meeting and the plant VP says, 'And who the f$% is this Ted Vreeland?' My father stood up and the guy said 'You better have brought your tin nickers'. He said the guy was an absolute blow hard. But as soon as work was over the guy was extremely nice and pleasent to be around.

I'm not a fan of competition type reality shows...Not the actual competitions, but all the soap opera stuff between the events...That's why I like Iron Chef...None of the reality BS, just the competition...

Needless to say I couldn't get into Hell's kitchen, although I am a big fan of Kitchen Nightmares, and think Ramsey's great.

I'd like to get into Hell's Kitchen...Just how much of any given show is made up of actual cooking, as opposed to people plotting against each other?

I have been watching it ever since it the very first show 2 (??) years ago. I love it ... still kinda interesting everything.

The preview for next week showed Matt standing there. He is so annoying I just want to smack that stupid look off his face that he always has.

Yes I am Post Whoring....
Mat reminds me of Gomer Pile from Full Metal Jacket. I just want to get in his face and SCREAM "WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION GOMER PILE?"

Just to see if he'll shoot me

The one chef. Bobby. that got voted off works in the building that shares out lot. cool guy.

Back