Electric igniter for brewstand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratslinger

Reaction score
As I stood there, firing up my gas grill the other night, a thought occurred to me: has anyone attempted to retrofit an electronic igniters for a gas grill onto a brew stand?

It seem like, mechanically speaking, it would be an easy thing to mount, but I wonder how well they would stand up to the heat over a full brew session. Has anyone tried this? Seems like it'd be a helluva lot easier than keeping track of an aim-and-flame...

A lot of people have done this when putting their stands together and have them controlled by a PID Controller. The objective is to control the temperature on the mash tun. So they might fire up the mash tun using an automatic device. Others might do the same for the HLT. To see how this is done, you might check out some of the many automated brew stand builds.

I know that you might have something slightly different in mind, but the principle is the same.

Mark

I installed one of these on my single tier with igniters under the HLT and BK. Works great!

Cheers!

I have the same on all three burners (though my rig doubles as a 3 burner stove for bbq events). Works great, been going for a year and a half now with extensive use.

I am just using the controls from a old gas furnace. Ignitor, flame sensor, gas valve, and high limit. Its like it was made for it. LOL Flip the switch and it goes through a start sequence. Once it proves the flame you are cool, and if it goes out it will shut down the gas and try again.

Back