bucket heater question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucket heaters will work well for heating large volumes slowly as they are fairly low wattage....not good for boiling cause they are only 1100w plus minus???

Best if rigged to a simple appliance timer for less toe tapping and waiting.

Bucket heaters will work well for heating large volumes slowly as they are fairly low wattage....not good for boiling cause they are only 1100w plus minus???

Best if rigged to a simple appliance timer for less toe tapping and waiting.

Its more to supliment my electric stovetop. Mixed together I've been told that that model, even just being 1100w, could cut off an hour+ from my brew day.
It would also make two brews in a day possible (where now it really is not)

I just wanted to know if a better model was available before I purchased one.

you could build a better one for cheaper but I understand if you want to buy an already built one. You may want to see if someone on here would be willing to build you one for a price.

Appreciate. I DO like building things, but don't have a 3 pronged electric wire and have none nearby to pick up.
I wanted an opinion on this one just so I don't buy it and idk, burn down my house / shock myself due to a shoddy product.........also because Im sick of doing my boils on an electric stove and really do need it asap.

I'm keeping my eyes open for free parts and equipment to build a stronger homemade version (I do love a good DIY project), but in most breakdowns the cost of making one at home is GREATER than buying that model (about 45$ + bribing friends to give me a ride to stores to gather the goodies).

Either way, If I get enough stuff Ill build a 2ed stronger one just for ****s and giggles. Combing the two together could probably make a 10 Gallon batch a LOT easier if I ever rise to the challenge and would make a cool talking point for home brew clubs.

Latest posts

Back