Maryland homebrew clubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
Hey, well.....anyone. I am looking for a Maryland homebrew club. Preferably near my house or within a 30 minute drive. Most that I have found are about an hour away. Mostly because I live in the middle of no where.

I live in Dunkirk, MD 20754.

If you live near by, know of a club, or even want to start a club in this area, please let me know.

Just send me a PM

Maybe we can brew sometime. Or just drink each others brew.

there a ton in the area, MALT is in boiwe (i think), CRABS is Columbia, there are about 8 i n Baltimore, BURP is DC area, FOAM is fredneck....

Unfortunately all of this are about an hour or so away from where I live. I already checked. Malt says they are in bowie but most of the meetings are in severna park. I'm trying to find southern Maryland clubs

Bump because im having a hard time finding them down here as well(st.marys county resident). All I could find was SMASH and it looks like they dont exsist anymore.

I consider myself a southern Maryland resident but you are wayyyyy down there

I would argue your on the northern end. lol I live 10mins from chuck county line so I'm not way down there.

I'm down in Waldorf and would love to help initiate a southern MD Homebrew Club. Is I would be willing to host a homebrew club to get the ball rolling. Been brewing for over a year now and currently have a 4 tap kegerator and do 10 gal batches in my keggle. I do all grain brews and meads currently. Would love some feedback and knowledge from other brewers.

This is a good idea, but I wont be able to participate until May. I am going for my EE degree at night while working as a drafter during the day. I run the old igloo 5gallon setup for all grain, and I am up for getting a club started.

I am the president (if I have to, I guess) of MALT, and I live in Lusby. In fact, I am hosting the August 2013 meeting.

Meetings are held at the homes of members, so if we get more members in Southern Maryland, we can shift the center of gravity. Sometimes they are in Laurel, sometimes in Severna Park, sometimes in St. Leonard, sometimes in Lusby.

Email me at jkrehbielp at gmail.com (obvious change to avoid spam) if you're still interested.

This Saturday, the 17th. I will start brewing at 10:00 or so, and the meeting is at 4:00

374 Clubhouse Dr, Lusby Md.

Food is potluck, and feel free to bring homebrew to share. We do have a theme of wheat beers, but anything is fine. We may have an informal hedonistic competition.

If your just starting homebrewing going to the hop heads brew day in mechanicsville would be beneficial. Bring what you got and they have plenty of guidance and extra tools for any successful brew day.

Hey, well.....anyone. I am looking for a Maryland homebrew club. Preferably near my house or within a 30 minute drive. Most that I have found are about an hour away. Mostly because I live in the middle of no where.

I live in Dunkirk, MD 20754.

If you live near by, know of a club, or even want to start a club in this area, please let me know.

Just send me a PM

Maybe we can brew sometime. Or just drink each others brew.
Any luck with the search? I just moved to dunkirk, and am also looking for some homebrew people to hang out/drink/brew with!

Here's a link to Freestate Homebrew Guild's map of clubs. There are a number of options closer to Baltimore. MY problem is that I'm in Lusby at the southern end of Calvert County. Keep meaning to check out SMASH in Owings.(SMASH just joined the Guild from what I heard, but is probably not on the map
https://www.mdhomebrewers.com/?page_id=30

Man, we are still (well me) recovering from the move and new job. I thought I'd be settled in quicker, but man I have not been motivated much.

One day, one day. The heat lately and all this rain, boy. I should stop working and get back into retirement.

Man, we are still (well me) recovering from the move and new job. I thought I'd be settled in quicker, but man I have not been motivated much.

One day, one day. The heat lately and all this rain, boy. I should stop working and get back into retirement.
I hear ya, moving, settling in, getting to know the area and such all take more time, more so when you get older.

I'm with C.R.A.B.S., we meet at Heavy Seas Brewery every 3rd Wednesday. We have many members from the Catonsville and Columbia areas.
We're an active club, our meetings and events can surely help one to get motivated.

Check us out, come to a meeting. Bring your wife if she wants, or to give you a ride back.
https://crabsbrew.org/

I hear you. It does not get any easier as we age. Especially old military linemen that have come down fast from some of those poles.

Im sure we will get over that way eventually, as it is a trek, it might be some time. That and I am not the biggest fan of Heavy Seas.

For now I’m just dusting things off, finding a place for them, and slowly brewing up a new pipeline and needing to get some sours started.

Im sure we will get over that way eventually, as it is a trek, it might be some time.
Everything seems to suddenly become a trek when you get older! :D

Per our MD Homebrew Guild's website/chart there's Ellicott City Brewers and Consumers homebrew club. I don't know how large or active they are, they meet somewhere in Catonsville.

That and I am not the biggest fan of Heavy Seas.
Now, now...
Our club meets in a back room, we bring our own homebrew and commercial craft beer to sample and talk about. And we have our monthly homebrew competition.

We have several events, some we organize, others we assist, attend, and bring beer to.

For example, the Guild's picnic (early June) is in Patapsco Park, off Rte. 40. All members of Guild-affiliated homebrew clubs are invited, and we have good attendance, even from clubs that aren't quite as local.

For some reason I thought you guys were on the other side. I didn’t bother confirming this as I had thought I already had perused that. Guess not. You are way closer than I thought and I think I can manage the 20 minutes. Won’t be this week since I just quit my job, but next one.

It's the acronyms that did it to my old eyes this time. I saw CRABS and SMASH and didn't discern the difference. At all. I thought you were talking about SMASH this whole time and was like, that is 1.5+ hours away, why is he saying old people are the only ones who think 1.5 hours is too far for a meeting? Well...You weren't.

Age, it doesn't seem to be helping.

And I remember another one over on the other side that someone had mentioned. Over by Salisbury, or something nearby?, that is very far away. At first I thought you were referencing that one, and I was like "no way" that is 4 hours, if I cheap out on the toll.

Back