Can I cry now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
Well I just had chain link fence put around my yard. I thought they were done as of friday. so the section bordering my beergarden i mulched and planted hops. Had 5 of the 12 rhizomes had shoots poking through. 3 of em were over 2" already. well the wife forgot to mention that she added something to the fence job, i came home 2day to see a 350lb fence buildin bastard standin on my hops plants. all that had shoots are broken......I know they are tough, Im sure they will grow back, but can I cry now?

There is no crying in Brewing!!

or,

is that Baseball!! Oh, hell; I forget!! Time for another Stout!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!

They will grow back, unless the fence building 350 lb bastage is a permanent fixture! :D

no thank the beer gods. asked the wife they gone so the 350 bastage is not permanent. I did however fix what I could of the mess he made and then sprinkle some the haus pils over each aflicted spot annointing them with beer 2 be goodness.

I'll cry with you, some bustard something broke my centennial last year! But it grew back I know what your feeling though the next 2 weeks will be trying no doubt.

Hang in there run to your nearest home brew stat. The hop front will improve.

I planted 3 rhizomes last fall against the neighbors privacy fence ( with his permission) he took down the privacy fence 2 days ago. I cant even remember exactly where hey are now.

350lbs is nothing compared to the 3500 aphids that land on the plant later on. Good luck.

It sucks. I had frost and other things kill my sprouts the first year and second year. A cut worm got one of them. They will grow back. Maybe a bit of a late start, but they will catch up.

My dog just dug up one of mine - probably due to the Moo-Naure that I just dug into the soil. Time to build a fence.

I hope they do get mad. You know I really wanted to cry about the 4 hours i put into the area just 4 days prior to that eradiceted in several 2" deep footprints. the fat fu##er knew I had planted, it was merely laziness that prompted him to work there rather than walk through the gate he just installed 7 days ago and work from the other side of the fence. the gat is literally 50' from where he crushed the hops.

Back