• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Weldless brewstand material

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXCrash

Gunshy
Reaction score
Yet again, another thing which I'm open to offers on. I know retail price but obviously this stuff will require more prep. There's been a couple threads I've stumbled upon which have used this material to build weldless carts, such as https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/weldless-brew-stand-174224/ Looks like retail is roughly $3 a foot, I don't expect anywhere near that. The material is painted, some has light surface rust. I have quite a bit of this material. Most of it is 2 1/2 by 1 1/2 by 1/16. Previously used to hold up aquaria ranging from 10 to 50 gallons. Plenty strong for your brewery.

I do also have a bunch of bolts which can be included as needed. If I was truly motivated, I'd sell this as pre cut kits (this might happen if it needs to). As is, I'll ask that you tell me what sizes you need - I'll supply the closest sized pieces I can.

Shipping would be killer but if you're ok with it, so am I. I'm in Portland, Eugene and visit much of the Oregon coast pretty frequently. We can probably arrange a meetup if you're within these areas for free or cheap delivery.

4891064841_2b7de1819a.jpg

4891663128_27fd940796.jpg

4891663752_95d807ebb6.jpg

Is that Republic Steel "Metal Lumber"? If so, it is the same material I am using for my weldless brew stand.

It' "steel city" with a numeric designation which can be seen in the second picture. I have lengths ranging from 6" to 10'. I need to finish disassembly then inventory but I have enough for probably at least 5, probably 10 brewstands.

Fritz, what'd the stuff from republic steel set ya back per linear foot?

Works great for shelving too. I'll be using some myself for shelving (I'm happy with my brew setup till I can weld one up). You might be surprised how cheap I'll sell this...

Send me a PM with a quote for 12 pieces of 6' please. I think I bought some kegs from you a while back :)

Thanks

Plenty for BillyBeer and others. I'm looking for offers - cheapest I've been able to find this new is around $3/linear ft - what's it worth used?

This stuff is used and most has light surface rust. Anything with heavy surface rust or that is bent will be culled (scrapped). I have a bucket of nuts and bolts - probably right around how many will be needed to assemble the brewstands/ shelving/ whatever from this. One of today's projects was completing the dis-assembly of the angles and sorting by size. Attached is a picture of the results. Sizes range from roughly 2" to 8'. I'll inventory later this week...

P.S. most of the rust red stuff is painted that color, not that rusty...

As you can see, most of this stuff is pre-cut. If you have an idea of what lengths you need, send me a list and we'll work something out. You'll be charged for the linear feet of what you need, not what you actually get.

erector.jpg

Moving in 2 weeks so I'm pretty motivated to sell. I haven't inventoried yet. How's 50 cents a linear foot, you pick up in Albany, OR sound? If you have interest in all I'll make ya a hell of a deal (great for shelving! You might be surprised at the deal I'll cut).

Ya'll are killing me here. $125 for the lot. Don't make me scrap this stuff. Make an offer and come pick it up!

Doing a scrap run tomorrow. I'd rather not take this as it's utterly worthless there. Must be claimed or I'll have no choice but to scrap it.

$50, you pick up. I'm here till at least Friday planning on leaving Monday but plans can change... $75 if I meet you in Portland - I'll probably be up in Portland on Wednesday though Tuesday's a possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back