Hmm here's a thought......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r3dn3ckstyl3z

Reaction score
Ok so i was just on wikipedia. Found out that hops and cannibis are in the same family of plants. They also have roughly the same alpha acid content and pungency, depending on breed and form. Hmm, legal issues aside and hypothetically, i wander what a good brew with the use of various cannibis strains as opposed to(or in conjuction with) different hops would be like... What are you guys takes???

This is probably going to get locked pretty soon so just search and there are tons of of threads about the same thing. The conclusion is that it would be ridiculously expensive to achieve anything from it.

This is probably going to get locked pretty soon so just search and there are tons of of threads about the same thing. The conclusion is that it would be ridiculously expensive to achieve anything from it.

i agree. no intentions of trying it. just thinking out loud (so to speak).

I know this topic comes up fairly often, but what's amusing to me this time is that my hippie stoner dreadlock buddy asked me the same question last night..

So then I proposed the idea to him. I make a batch and we can dry hop it with 2 oz. of his KB. I waited for the shock on his face to dissipate. I dont think he was aware of the quantity involved.

HOWEVER... then we came up with a potential solution. Leaf matter is too grassy, and buds are too expensive, but every harvest there's a pile of "fluff" (small loose buds) and a whole lot of stems that have the same aroma as the buds. If he gets me the materials, I'm going to draw off a gallon of my next IPA to a jug and dry hop with that.

And yes, I know the THC is not water soluble. I'm going more for aroma than buzz.

Correct, it is not soluable in water; however, it is soluable in alcohol (I think).

It is alcohol and fat soluble.
One of the suggestions, if you were trying to achive a "high beer" instead of just aroma would be to make a tincture, but I really dont know how much of a tincture would be needed to actually have an effect per serving.

check this out if you want, but it's simply not worth it. this coming from a guy who puts bud on everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back