Just scored 15 cases of bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDogBrewing

Reaction score
I had asked my buddy Vince a while back to set aside some bottles for me, not really thinking he'd set aside ALL of his bottles for me. He came over to have dinner with us last night, I went out to say hello and his entire car was full of beer cases with empties. I scored 15 cases of empties last night! Now SWMBO is telling me I'm not to save bottles anymore...I have enough.:rolleyes:

Well done. Now the important questions: 1) Do you call a case 24 or 12? and 2) Was Vince on his way to his weekly Friday night meeting?:D

lol parker....

I've been thinkin about hitting up the local taverns and asking them to save me some bottles.... friends all drink cheap beer so they have nothing for me!

Awesome score Black dog

Well done. Now the important questions: 1) Do you call a case 24 or 12? and 2) Was Vince on his way to his weekly Friday night meeting?:D

A case to me is 24 bottles...and actually, Vince and I went beer shopping at my favorite local place, Shangey's, which has 3000+ varieties, he'd never been there before. I bought 2 cases, Vince bought 11...:mug:

Man... I just bought 4 corney's and haven't even filled one yet but the though of cleaning, de-labeling, filling, capping, rinsing and repeating with 15 cases of bottles makes $25 refurbished kegs all that more attractive.

A case to me is 24 bottles...and actually, Vince and I went beer shopping at my favorite local place, Shangey's, which has 3000+ varieties, he'd never been there before. I bought 2 cases, Vince bought 11...:mug:

sounds like a good friend :rockin:

Especially since he always shares-we he came over for dinner, he brought me 2 mixed cases of full bottles :mug:, which I then gave him 2 cases, and also we split half/half a case of Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock and a St. Bernadus variety case. Life is good...

Does Vince expect you to fill them up with homebrew and then give them back? You probably owe him a case or two. ;-)

I have two guys at work that have been my test tasters. They have been giving me bottles after bottles. I have even had some work done on my truck for a case of red ale.

Oh man I could use some of those about now. I'm bottling 7 1/2 gallons this coming Friday and I'm short like 2 cases. I gave all my friends a homework assignment this week. Drink as much beer as you can and save me the bottles.

Back