ginger beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranceamerica

Reaction score
SWMBO loves jamacian ginger beer (Non alcoholic). I've got some good recipies for the brew, but technique (mostly, how to carbonate) has me stumped. I don't have kegging equipment (although this might be a good excuse to get it, LOL)...

does some smart person have an idea out there about how to carbonate, without creating bottle bombs?

One article I read online suggested fermenting in a closed 2 liter container for 2 days, then refrigerating...stop the fermentation process, but get carbonation. sounds dangerous to me...

You need to use the brown plastic bottles home brew stores sell. Glass bottles for soda can be dangerous.

If you go the glass bottle route then bottle a few in plastic pop bottles and use them to gauge how the carbonation is coming and stick ALL of them in the fridge when the plastic ones get hard. Drink fairly fast as the yeast will keep working their magic slowly in the fridge.

Back