Do you have a beer belly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a beer gut?

• Yes I have a beer belly and am overweight

• I have a belly but it's not beer

• I'm not over wieght and I'm slim

• I'm not over wieght but have a beer belly

Results are only viewable after voting.
uh, yeah?

I am short. very short. 5'4" Up till I took my desk job I weighed 145 for ten years.

Now, 160.

160 at my height is a definite beer gut. the good news is I am quitting the desk job very soon and going to be able to get rid of it again!

I'm working on it. 6'2" and just about 200, but it's getting more concentrated in the one location. Haven't had to start buying bigger pants yet, thank God!

I'm 6' 2" and about 240. I'd like to drop 20-25 lbs. I don't have a big belly, but I've gone some room for storage.

I'm going to comment on my poor husband because I don't have a beer belly. He is around 5'5" and weights in at just over 200. He has a gut, no denying it. I contributed greatly to this because I love to cook and bake. Now, I am brewing his favorite dark beers. No, I am not trying to do him in either.

Jennifer

Petunia said:
...I love to cook and bake. Now, I am brewing his favorite dark beers. No, I am not trying to do him in either.

Jennifer

If I had to be done in, that would certainly be my method of choice ...well, I guess there is ONE other way that would be better.

6'-2", 192.

I have the kind of body type that I can't get away with drinking and eating a lot. In my later years of high school into my first year of college, I wasn't overweight, but I was on my way there. Not in great shape at all. Second year in college I tried some nautilus, etc., but never got into it. Third year we had a brand new gym at VT and I got into it. Hired a trainer and learned weight training. That summer, my not-yet-wifey was waitressing at Outback, so we were on opposite schedules. I used that free time to drop about 25 lbs. and increase my aerobic capacity by about 25%. Slung weights around and hit the stairmill like it was my goddamned job. And I changed my diet. Since then, I've been a gym rat. My diet isn't as stringent as it once was, and I don't push my lifting limits like I used to, but I consider myself in great shape. If I didn't drink, I'd be in much better shape though...but screw that. Right now I'm training for an on/off-road 10k marathon on a month, so not weight training as much...more running.

5' 8" and around 190 lbs. I have the start of a what could become a good size BB but I'm more concerned with the Moobs I'm developing.

It's not really a beer belly, I just decided to build a shed over my tool so it doesn't rust:D

5-11 231 right now. Already lost 40+ pounds looking to be at or under 200 by dec. beer gut is shrinking every day. Been running my ass off since I signed up for a marathon in Dec. Should be fun.

2nd Street Brewery said:
5' 8" and around 190 lbs. I have the start of a what could become a good size BB but I'm more concerned with the Moobs I'm developing.

It's not really a beer belly, I just decided to build a shed over my tool so it doesn't rust:D

I second the nomination for this post! I actually lol'd at this. :mug:

Me, I go about 6' 6", 280ish. I'm certainly out of shape compared to 10 years ago and am overweight. I've packed on about 30 lbs in the last 6 months since I started having my back problems but hopefully the surgery next month will improve things and I can get back on a regular exercise schedule again.

So no brewing for me for a couple months - I won't be able to lift the carboys. I've got two more batches that I'm going to get done before this coming Monday. If I go 1-2-3 on them I'll have them in bottles the day before the surgery . :rockin:

6' 1", 230 lbs. I'm still very active and athletic (exercise regularly), BUT

grad school + more beer + getting older = getting fatter :mad:

I really need to lose 20 lbs. I was just telling my wife I'm going to start my day earlier and double how far I jog and add a few more things to my workout. Hopefully that'll do it.

5' 10" and around 170-175 range. This hobby has put needed weight on the frame. I used to be around 150-155! Not really a belly; just some jelly. Man boobs vs muscles seemed to have happened over the last couple of years though. Ooh sexy... Been married for 26 years, I needed some tata's to play with more often than I get from swmbo.

5'11" and about 175. I guess I'm still young enough, and active enough that I can drink and eat what I want and not gain a lot of weight.

6' and 175.

I run about 25 miles a week.

My wife is tiny, and works hard at it, so if I'm gonna drink, I work hard to keep it off as well.

I am 6' 2" 185 but I surf and lift weights everyday. I used to practice MMA , not so much time anymore for that. I did finally start getting to were I could gain weight. The beer addition has worked much better than protein shakes alone.:rockin: I also eat more than 2 people combined. All the women at the hospital I work with hate me for that.:D

6'4" and 250 lbs. I wouldn't say I'm grossly overweight, but I have a nice belly going. I really wouldn't mind dropping a good 30 lbs. I need to start working out. :eek:

5'8" 190 lbs

i did not have a beer belly until i hurt my back and couldn't work in the warehouse or ride my bike. i gained nearly 20 lbs and now have a nice sweaty piece of flesh hanging above my doodle. :mad: i think my ass got a bit bigger too :eek:

oh well, i'm back on my bike and haven't been drinking as much. i plan to lose the weight as my back gets better and be in better shape than ever! :rockin:

i've never been in great shape...it's not necessarily due to the beer. it's more about me being lazy, but the beer definitely helps! :tank:

Damn it! This thread again.

Ohiobrewtus, we must be body doubles.

6'6" 285:(

It is really hard to get into a routine i like when my workout facility is 15 min from my house. I know, excuses.

I'm 5'5'' and about 130 pounds. I guess I'm smaller than average, but not really very slim. I noticed that I'm more rounder now- once you hit 40 you have to work really really hard to keep in a shape other than round.

Reverend JC said:
Damn it! This thread again.

Ohiobrewtus, we must be body doubles.

6'6" 285:(

It is really hard to get into a routine i like when my workout facility is 15 min from my house. I know, excuses.

Man...you guys are some beasts! If i was 6'6"/ 285, I'd just punch everyone I saw in the face, 70's style, like Starsky & Hutch....then I'd drink a homebrew and laugh :p

5' 11" - 190 lbs. My swmbo always likes asking me how my baby is doing. I don't have a lot of body mass anywhere but my gut. I really need to get back in the habit of daily exercise. Held out at 175-180 for the last 2 years and just this summer I've been creeping towards 200 fairly fast.

About 6-1 and weighing in at 225. I have two things I like, Beer and Food and if I exercised a bit and ate healthier I'd probably lose some weight. It's something I really need to quit talking about and actually do, because I need to make a change somewhere so I can continue to enjoy homebrewing.

Plus the military has weight standards, and going over can affect promotions etc... and put you on their work-out plan which is not necessarily effective but fully mandatory. (I was forced to do step aerobics for almost a year once and it sucked.)

5'10" and 190 lbs.

Have not got fat but have blossomed out in the belly department.
...the word blossomed is a great way to say that somebody got fat in a nice way - got me out of a lot of trouble over the years ;)

ScubaSteve said:
Man...you guys are some beasts! If i was 6'6"/ 285, I'd just punch everyone I saw in the face, 70's style, like Starsky & Hutch....then I'd drink a homebrew and laugh :p

Here's the funniest post in my opinion, I wish I could walk around punching people-there are so many that deserve it.

6'2" and 205 lbs. I've gained 10 lbs. recently but have started exercising and trying to improve my diet. I have a belly and what SWMBO refers to as "flaback."

9 1/4 stone @ 5'10". I've shed about 15 lbs in the last three years and weight less than I did when I started homebrewing. Not an easy thing at 55.

6'1", 230 lb. The doctor says my thyroid has quit working. Hell, it's an excuse! The beer and food and the love of sitting on my dead ass make it hard to keep the weight off. I tried bicycling. That was a tough morning! Thankfully, my back tire went flat the next day. Still hasn't pumped itself up.

6'1", about 280lb.

Hey, whaddya expect- I work for the Gov't!:cross:

6' 2" 180lbs. Yeah, I got a beer belly & damn proud of it :) I've lost 30 lbs in the last year by cutting out my twice a day fast food habit. I drove for a living for 10 years before my current job. Now I'm moving around all day lifting 50-100lbs for 8-10hrs a day. I'm in the best shape of my life.

5'7" and about 180.

i don't much care... :D

i can still run and jump, still can't catch a ball worth a damn though...

5'11" 170. No gut but working on a nice set of man boobs. I ride my bike like the devil in the spring and summer and that usually knocks off about 15 pounds.

Back