Dixie Cup XXIV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexLaw

Here's Lookin' Atcha!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Brewers,

The Foam Rangers homebrew club of Houston, Texas, proudly present the 24th Annual Dixie Cup Homebrew Competition and Celebration. This year's theme is "Brew-a-lot: The Quest for the Holy Ale"

Join us from October 18-20, 2007, for one of the largest homebrew competitions in the world and MCAB qualifier. As speakers, we are honored to present Randy Mosher (author of Radical Brewing), Steve Grossman (of the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company), Mark Wedge (brewer at the Rahr & Sons Brewing Company, Fort Worth, Texas), and Bev Blackwood (brewer at the Saint Arnold Brewing Company, Houston, Texas). Distinguished beer writer, Fred Eckhardt, will continue his tradition of the "Fred Tasting," a tasty food and beer pairing.

On-line registration is now open. Regular entries will be accepted through September 28. Late entries will be accepted until October 5. Enter now and on-line to save. This year's special categories are "Gruit Ain't Moot" and "It's Just Beer." Information on entering, events, and hotel registrations may be found at the Dixie Cup Website or by emailing [email protected].

Enter now, and come down if you can!

Doak Procter
Dixie Cup Coordinator
Foam Rangers

Yea, next year we'll be back in the Lonestar circuit...over the past year or so, the club has been turned upside down and we're all pretty new to it...so this year's Cactus was a big learning experience!! Next year should be much bigger (entries and participants) than this year!!

Dropped off 7 entries yesterday at DeFalco's. Looks like it's going to be a fun weekend.

Do you have an agenda for Friday & Saturday?

I have never been to an event like this, nor do I have any beer to enter.

However, I would love to come and mingle with homebrewers, etc.

If I came, and didn't bring any of my own beer, what can I expect in an event like this?

No idea, but it's sure to be fun.

Friday, October 19
12:00 PM First round judging continues
8:00 PM Dinner
10:00 PM Raffle
10:30 PM Fred Tasting
Saturday, October 20
8:30 AM Barleywine tasting
9:00 AM Milli-conference
12:00 PM Second round judging
1:00 PM Lunch for judges (judging on-going)
4:30 PM Pub Crawl
5:00 PM Best of Show judging
9:00 PM Raffle and Awards Ceremony

Hey Ed! Do you know if they'll be e-mailing out of town winners? I have high hopes for my Schwarzbier after winning BOS at the Cactus! Or will the website be updated pretty soon afterwards (Sunday even?)? Thanks :)

INeedANewHobby said:
Hey Ed! Do you know if they'll be e-mailing out of town winners? I have high hopes for my Schwarzbier after winning BOS at the Cactus! Or will the website be updated pretty soon afterwards (Sunday even?)? Thanks :)

Can't say. This is my first time. I would imagine they will inform the out of towners via email and mail out any awards for placing.

Congrats on the Cactus and good luck at the Dixie Cup. I entered my Oktoberfest. It was the first floating keg at my neighborhood brewfest/Oktoberfest last weekend and everyone loved it. Very smooth they said....Three months old too.

Gonna make 10 gallons next time. :D

Back