opened the first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldhouse

Reaction score
I think I am hooked. Opened my first beer tonight and it tastes great. I brewed the Coopers can bitter. The can kit was easy and I learned a lot by starting out with the can. I am going to order a kit next week and start on the next brew. I want to try and make the first batch last so I can see how it changes over time. I have been told the beer will taste even better if I give it 2 more weeks in the bottle. I have found I need a secondary. A secondary will allow me to have beer fermenting while I am brewing more.....what a thought no wait time. I think the best investment I made with my first batch was a bottling bucket any thoughts? Thanks to everyone on the forum this place is great:mug:

Congrats! sounds like you are hooked. The best investment will be like 12 more carboys man. Youre only getting started dude. Ive bought like 5 carboys/fermenter s in the last month. Just tryin to make anything wiht alc. in it. My first batch of wine is fermenting right now.

Have fun and remember three things:

A) Set your beer aside to "grow", you'll enjoy it more.
2) Always prepare your next recipe, it will help you with the first item
D) Brew early...brew often...

Back