Just have to say that AG of AWESOME!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_B

Reaction score
5th Batch of AG down and many more to go! Going all grain is like learning to brew all over again and in a good way. I've had my frustrations with not hitting my target temps, gravity, volume, etc. But each and every time I go for another brew it just gets better and easier. Today I brewed up an Irish Red and everything came out as planned (now hoping for a tasty brew to boot). :ban:

I just have to say that I agree with you! While I love the fact that extract brews can be banged out in under 2 hours, nothing beats a nice AG brew session when you have the time. I like to do my extract batches on week nights after work, and reserve the AG to Saturday/Sunday (will be trying my first 10 g Partial Mash tomorrow!)

AG of AWESOME, not sure really sure what that means but I think I agree. It is a combination of headache and fun! Cheers to the Irish Red.

Everyone I know who brews has come over, watched me once, and went all grain. It's not that much harder at all. And the sense of satisfaction is a LOT higher.

I have to agree. I never did an extract. While I'm sure they make good beers. I was lucky enough to go straight to all grain. My father passed down his 2 corny kegs... With a cheap cooler, and 2 X 4 1/2 gallon pots and I was set. It's a long day but the beer.... Better than anything I've bought.

Rich

My first brew was AG and its all I know...so I love it! I can't wait to get after our next batch in 2 weeks!

Everyone I know who brews has come over, watched me once, and went all grain. It's not that much harder at all. And the sense of satisfaction is a LOT higher.

I have to agree on that. I can't express my satisfaction when I opened the spigot and out poured the sweet wort that I extracted. I was soooooo happy.

I'm even happier now that it's bubbling away:D

AG of AWESOME, not sure really sure what that means but I think I agree. It is a combination of headache and fun! Cheers to the Irish Red.

I think it means I had one to many in celebration of a great brew day. I agree on the combo, definitely keeps it entertaining. And even the brews that I didn't hit all my numbers, well they turned out to be delicious anyways!

Back