Who is bottling today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saxmk6

Reaction score
Yahoooo! I get to bottle the pumpkin ale today...I have been looking forward to this day for weeks.

Who else is bottling today?:mug:

bottled snpa clone ver 2 on friday:mug:
bottled the maple pumpkin about 4 weeks ago - unfortunately it still tastses like
cinnamon/clove ale more than pumpkin:(

Bottled my Continental Pilsner last night. Boy, I can't WAIT until my keg setup gets here next week. Bottling is a PITA.

I might bottle today if I have time. My amber ale has been conditioning in secondary for two weeks. Really should wait one more week, though.

I just drank about a 12 pack of Amber Ale last night. It's amber alright. Pretty good taste but for some reason, it left me thirsty. Still got to work on my techniques. It'll get better. I'm here to stay.

I bottled 5 gallons of blackberry wine (corking is really a PITA) and then bottled 5 gallons of English Brown Ale (Newcastle type). I have English Pale Ale in secondary, with nothing else ready to start for a couple of weeks. I'm going out of town next week for a week, and can't start anything else right now.

When I get back, I'm starting a maibock (lager).

Lorena

Yes I know I am very strange because I like bottling. Just gets me in the mood to have a good taste. Have a few weeks to wait though.....

Saxmk6 said:
Yes I know I am very strange because I like bottling. Just gets me in the mood to have a good taste. Have a few weeks to wait though.....

Don't feel bad for enjoying bottling. I don't own a kegging setup and have no plans to do so for a long time to come. Bottling day for me is like the last lap of a race, knowing that it's almost finished and the big reward is just around the corner. That kind of rush'll get me through any inconvenence bottling might be. Funny thing is, you'll hear people talk about spending 7-8 hours mashing and complain about a couple hours spent bottling. Go figure.;)

I was planning to bottle my porter today, but I slice a decent size chunk out of the tip of my thumb yesterday evening with a kitchen mandolin. It was bleeding like hell.

I used my iodophor to clean the wound, though.

I bottled my Great Lakes - Burning River clone on Saturday. The half-bottle at the end tasted quite a bit like...Burning River! :rockin:

I also brewed a Watney's Cream Stout clone on Saturday evening with a friend.

Saturday was a busy (but fun) day.

Found a case of Grolsh bottles today. Boy do those labels come off easy! Tommorrow they will be filled with hefeweizen.

I'll be bottling a "Poor Man's Porter" today. Should have bottled last weekend, but got lazy and figured another week in the secondary wouldn't kill it.

On a related note, those that use Pete's Wicked bottles, do you find it hard to scrub the glue from the labels off? What techniques do you use? I soak them in soap and hot water (as hot as I can get it from the faucet), wait about 30 minutes and then peel the paper off and start scrubbing. Real PITA though, as I end up scrubbing forever trying to get it off. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Bottled the caramel vanilla cream ale today... got 2 cases + 11! Smelled real nice, looking forward to testing in a week or two :)

Regarding Pete's labels, I have no advice to give, but yeah, they suck to scrub!

Bottled my Sherwood Ale finest Premium Woodland Ale yesterday.Have to say when i tested the gravity of the beer yesterday that i couldn't resist trying some.It already tastes great and after its conditioned in the bottles it should be fantastic.But then it should be for the price and a 100% malt extract kit(no sugar required).It was worth the price.:cross:

Just to get the taste spuds going :) Recapture the classic Old English Ale.This dark bitter,with its well-hopped bitterness and hop aroma combine to give this brew a distinctive, full-bodied and round flavour.

Bottled my Scottish Wee Heavy last night after 8 weeks in the secondary...11% ABV! I may end up hibernating all winter :D

I bottled my AHS Peach ale and I can't believe how golden this brew came out. This is by far the lightest and most golden brew to date, can't wait to tast it.

ajf said:
You look forward to bottling?

Very strange. :p

-a.
Hi New here I like to bottle also there is nothing better then openining a homebrew and consuming it.
Also it is more convient to stand around at the beach trailer park and drink with the boyzs. :D :tank: :ban:

Bottled my Firehouse Amber Ale clone and my Brewsmith's Leftover Kolsch yesterday. Four cases plus another 9 bottles total. Yippee!!!

chillHayze said:
Using bleach I hope!

Planned on buying a tub at Walmart and filling with water & bleach. Then let the bottles soak overnight or atleast most of the day. Then use a stainless steel pad to clean off the labels and a Jet Bottle Washer to clean them out (forgot to rinse them when I poured my beer, so there is gunk in the bottom). Im going to use the tub to sanitize the bottles too.

BTW What would be a good ratio for the bleach/water?

Just a splash of bleach will do. A little goes a long way.

An overnight soak should remove most of your labels. Even foil ones.

I cut the top loop off of one of my bottle brushes so I can insert it into my drill and use it to scrub the insides when necessary (like when they're given back to me).;)

I just use the green scrubby to remove the gum.

A soak overnight in hot water and oxyclean and the labels will be floating in the water. If any glue remains on the bottle, you can simply wipe it off with your hand. No scrubbing needed.

As you pick up each bottle, you will note that the label is gone. If the bottle has foil, you might need to peel it, but it is effortless. Wipe your hand over the bottle to remove residual glue, if any (usually not), rinse in the sink, then put in the dishwasher for a final rinse and dry.

I sanitize in Iodophore afterwards, and let the bottles drain in the dishwasher again until I'm ready to fill.

Bottling brew #2 went a lot smoother than bottling brew #1. I'm leaving the clean-up until tomorrow.

I was impressed by the amount of peach bits that settled out in the tertiary. I didn't think that much got racked over. I've got to remember to start out with an extra 0.5 to 1 gallon of water in the primary if I'm going to rack that many times though. I ended up with only 12 x 22oz., 10 x 16 oz., and 5 x 12 oz.

Kegged the Yankee Drifter Golden Ale last night. Today, racking Choco Train Chocolate Stout into the secondary which will free up my 6.5 gal carboy to brew Casablanca Begian Style Wit tonight.

Back