Drying RAck (plans)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickeldeposit

Reaction score
I know this topic has been gone over and over but I haven’t found a clear set of instructions/ plans for a Hop drying system at home. So the Architectural designer (I design house plans) in me got to work thinking of ways to build something that is simple but works really well. I want the ability to process a larger amount of hops than just window screens. So I’ve attached the PDF of my Hop Drying Rack that I came up with and I’m looking for the experts on here to really give it a good look over and pick it apart (to make it better). I wanted a device that would professionalize the drying process from window screens but at an affordable cost. So please ask questions and tear this design down.:mug:

Thanks

drybox.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Throwing hops into a brown paper bag for a few days will work just as well as any hop dryer...

Your PDF doesn't show up, so I couldn't look at it.

Ok, sorry about that I think I've got the image fixed. I’m looking at doing more volume than what paper bags can reasonably do. Like I said before I’m attempting to make it cheap and mini-professional at the same time. My thought was that if yields increased or I plant more I could just build more units (about 4-6 drying racks each) or build a larger unit. Just let me have some feedback/ ideas.

here's what i built

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukUiB3nnoU

i see your from Ames, i'm in Waterloo

I really like how on yours you can pull out a single tray. I may go back to the drawing board with my design. How long does it take to dry on that rack? Yep I'm brewing down here in Ames. I have family in Waterloo. They used to be on KWWL I think it was as field reporters.

Latest posts

Back