What is your Brewing Pet-Peeve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate the terms pitch and rack. As a new brewer, I had no idea these terms existed and would just say I'm transferring my beer or i'm adding my yeast.

I get very testy with people who think there is only one way to do brew correctly... I don't care if you use sweat socks and day old donuts, mashed at 193F for 17 minutes... if the end result is right, it's right

Ok, I've got another one, that scary part of my brew called the "hot break". Those couple seconds of terror when it just might boil over before I can get to the propane tank to turn down the heat. :eek:

When people review a product and in the review tell you all the ways they didn't follow the recipe/instructions/ or altered the product. Then tell you it is a average product/recipe etc.

For the forum I find it annoying when people reply to a thread with "subscribed". Honestly, no one cares that you subscribe, and by just subscribing you are not adding any value to the thread. Just click the subscribe button. Thanks.

I wish I had some brewing pet peeves.

Most of the peeves here are related to how other people brew. Go ahead and brew with dirt! I doesn't bother me.

Are you using inappropriate ingredients for the style? I don't care. More power to you buddy.

Back