fermentation chamber help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluemoose

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Alright. I brewed an IIPA on the 28th of June. It has been fermenting at 64 since then in the chamber. Tonight I brewed a pale ale. Got it down to 80, just below ambient temp. The question is how to temp control this. If I stick the probe to the new beer the temp in the cooler wil drop sharply, bringing the IIPA with it. If I leave it on the IIPA it will take quite a while to cool off the new pale ale.

Any thoughts?

If your house is relatively cool you could pull the iipa out, it might be close to done fermenting. Warming it up a little bit might help it even by keeping the yeast active longer.

Make a wall inside the chamber separating the two. The new beer with probe on the cooler side and the older in the warmer. Monitor both temps. It could work but it might not matter as fermentation is probably done.

I did end up taking the IIPA out for about 10 hours. It only went up a degree, and when I put it back in the pale ale was at 64. Should be all set, but I'm going to have to find a better solution for down the road.

Back