The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian has beer gas issues on the supply side, and I can't live without my nitro stout nightcap.
Where are Central Massholes getting their cylinders refilled (not swapped)?

Yeah, MooniePort is a haul from Stow. If it was summer I'd take the Spousal Unit up there for an afternoon drink and snacks but she's on a cruise with her sisters and it's too friggin' cold and wet for Gloucester.

I get my O2 cylinder swapped at the AirGas in Billerica near Rt 3, but swaps are all they do afaik.
My 10 pound nitro tank is a rehabbed steel beater that looks quite handsome now and I'd like to hold onto it...

Yeah, pretty sure AirGas doesn't do refills, just swaps. That's been the case on my O2 refills in Billerica.

So far Speedway in Gloucester is the leader in early balloting for a beer gas refill.
Jeeze, I thought home brewing was hugely popular and shiz.

In other news...I miss baseball.
I don't watch episodic teevee, not a b-ball fan, haven't warmed up to the B's yet this year...so I'm feeling a bit at sea right now.
Fortunately, beer gets me through times of no entertainment better than entertainment gets me through times of no beer...

Sorry... just saw the “i have a super sexy air tank I’m kinda attached to part”.

(Eyeroll)

I get it. I had some sweet new aluminum tanks. They looked almost as sweet as conicals. Then I was too lazy to wait for a fill so I just swapped. Now I have these ugly looking steel tanks.......that also happen to have a much newer recertify date. ;)

Ok then, the current short list includes Speedway in Gloucester (68 minutes), DMI Gases in Hyde Park (51 minutes) and Arco Gas in Malden (55 minutes). Never been to Hyde Park...

I get it. I had some sweet new aluminum tanks. They looked almost as sweet as conicals. Then I was too lazy to wait for a fill so I just swapped. Now I have these ugly looking steel tanks.......that also happen to have a much newer recertify date. ;)

If how shiny your CO2 tank is that important to you.... you’re doing it wrong.

I’ve switched out a ton of tanks... sometimes you get a beater, some times you get a brand new tank without a scratch on it. I think this notion that Airgas is hording all the new shiny tanks and passing out crappy looking, about-to-expire tanks in exchange is goober-ish.

What? Does Airgas just have huge room of shiny new tanks Scrooge McDuck style? “They’re OURS!!! ALLLLLLLL OURS!!!! Muaaaa ahahahahaha!!!!”

If how shiny your CO2 tank is that important to you.... you’re doing it wrong.

I’ve switched out a ton of tanks... sometimes you get a beater, some times you get a brand new tank without a scratch on it. I think this notion that Airgas is hording all the new shiny tanks and passing out crappy looking, about-to-expire tanks in exchange is goober-ish.

What? Does Airgas just have huge room of shiny new tanks Scrooge McDuck style? “They’re OURS!!! ALLLLLLLL OURS!!!! Muaaaa ahahahahaha!!!!”

You missed the mocking sarcasm of my post... ;)

Ok then, the current short list includes Speedway in Gloucester (68 minutes), DMI Gases in Hyde Park (51 minutes) and Arco Gas in Malden (55 minutes). Never been to Hyde Park...

You have some sort weird geographical oddity going on where you an hour from everything but not close to anything

You have some sort weird geographical oddity going on where you an hour from everything but not close to anything
CIERwykUMAAw4yS.jpg

Of course they'd close the one at the Transportation building. That was the only one in walking distance of the layover hotel we use in Boston.

Yeah. It was nice. We stay at the Park Plaza, I'm usually on a quick turn so it's go to hotel, change clothes, eat, go to bed. It was close enough to walk in 10 minutes or less.

Not a lot of cheap/quick places in the immediate area.

I use a less CO2 now that I spund. Often it works out as partial spund, ie I keg and seal before all worked out, and in the case of lagers, D rested, sometimes have to force carb the last 20-30% to get to desired vols.

Still have multiple co2 20#ers though, I have to swap, as it is small airgas dealer or a boat trip,,,(dread,... not the boats, per say, but being on the ferries some times of year,,,,moooo,,,and that does the cows a disservice) at least the dudes that work at the exchange usually let me pick the cylinder myself. It really does not matter of course, but the AL ones are a bit lighter, which is nice.

I could get all my tanks refilled in new beigh..but can not bring acetylene tanks over without committing serious infraction, not worth it with commercial license...can not even plead ignorance, as if that would help.

Hey look, it is finally past my turn in time, my gal the dairy worker has been crashed for a while anyway, will wake me up by mistake at 5. Good evening my drugen bros and sises.

Back